close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

mossberg cruiser

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by zukyota, Jul 24, 2010.

1. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    I'm thinking of getting the cruiser with the door breach on the end. I know it really a "just for looks" thing but I like the way it looks. The gun is parkerized. Is this a good thing ? I have heard that it scratches easy, is this true ? The salesman told me the persuader is basically the same gun, it comes with a pistol grip & full stock, is blued with no breacher, & about $40 bucks cheaper. What should I do ? I like both but the cruiser is just mean looking.

2. DirtyRod

DirtyRod Pessimist

Jul 12, 2010
    Arizona
    It's the same gun with different furniture so it's a matter of preference. The finish is as durable as most other guns but it will scratch if you hit it on something. Just paint but the 500s are durable and reliable. The biggest difference is the way you aim so you need to definitely practice with the cruiser since you don't have the natural point of aim you have when you shoulder a rifle and the tendency is to shoot high left. I use the cruiser as a HD gun since it helps with tight corners and, although it looks cool, the breacher does add a few inches. They also make different barrel lengths so that might make a difference with the shortest being a 5 shot.

If you end up getting a light for it, get a good one. The cheap barrel mount stuff will rattle right off.

26 years old. No telling how many rounds through it.
    [​IMG]

3. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Thanks for the reply. The main concern I have is the finish. I like the flat look of parkerized but I dont want it to scratch easy & rust. Is the blued finish more reliable ?

4. DirtyRod

DirtyRod Pessimist

Jul 12, 2010
    Arizona
    The blue is not any more reliable or durable than Park'd.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  5. seamaster

seamaster

Feb 19, 2003
    Tough choice because both are cool looking,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it was me, I'd get the "Sandstorm"
    [​IMG]

6. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    The sandstorm looks cool in the pic, but the ones i have seen in person had flakes of paint coming off. I like the park look.