Mossberg 930spx Select Slug Drill Techniques

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by ricka10, Sep 30, 2012.

1. With a full magazine anything other than racking one then load one slug into mag and then racking again?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Mossberg 930SPX Opinions? General Firearms Forum Mar 24, 2012
    New Owner of Mossberg 930SPX With Questions Tactical Shotguns Mar 6, 2012
    MOSSBERG 930spx Tactical Shotguns Feb 25, 2012
    Mossberg 930SPX Sling Mounts Tactical Shotguns Jan 10, 2012
    Excellent Mossberg 930SPX Disassembly Vid Tactical Shotguns Sep 10, 2011

3. cliffsta

cliffsta Who, me?

I was wondering about this just today. How would one transition from a tube full of 00buck to a slug if the situation were to arise? Since its a hypothetical, anything is possible.... Though in a real life-or-death situation with a shotgun, I'm pointing and shooting whatever happens to be in the tube / chamber. Probably not time to switch out ammunition.

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

I did an experiment a few weeks ago shooting OO buck at 50+ yards. Even at longer than ideal range you can still 2 to 3 pellets to hit.

For some reason I was thinking the 930 SPX had a mag cutoff switch for select loading slugs.

Can you not retract the bolt and dump out the next round and select load like a pump?

5. You would have to hold the bolt open. It only stays open when the last round is fired.

6. rack the bolt while lifting the gate and drop it in. It will extract the round in the chamber and prevent the mag from feeding another round.

7. Thanks, I'll have to practice that.