close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mossberg 930spx Select Slug Drill Techniques

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by ricka10, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ricka10

ricka10

Oct 22, 2010
    Tennessee
    With a full magazine anything other than racking one then load one slug into mag and then racking again?

2. cliffsta

cliffsta Who, me?

Dec 3, 2009
    Louisiana
    I was wondering about this just today. How would one transition from a tube full of 00buck to a slug if the situation were to arise? Since its a hypothetical, anything is possible.... Though in a real life-or-death situation with a shotgun, I'm pointing and shooting whatever happens to be in the tube / chamber. Probably not time to switch out ammunition.

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I did an experiment a few weeks ago shooting OO buck at 50+ yards. Even at longer than ideal range you can still 2 to 3 pellets to hit.

For some reason I was thinking the 930 SPX had a mag cutoff switch for select loading slugs.

Can you not retract the bolt and dump out the next round and select load like a pump?

4. ricka10

ricka10

Oct 22, 2010
    Tennessee
    You would have to hold the bolt open. It only stays open when the last round is fired.

5. srt-4_jon

srt-4_jon

Jan 14, 2010
    rack the bolt while lifting the gate and drop it in. It will extract the round in the chamber and prevent the mag from feeding another round.

6. ricka10

ricka10

Oct 22, 2010
    Tennessee
    Thanks, I'll have to practice that.