close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mossberg 930 Tactical

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by ricklee4570, Feb 10, 2011.

1. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Sep 11, 2009
    Local shop has one, it has the breacher barrel (would never need) and the 4 plus 1 capacity.

What possible advantage does the 4 plus 1 have? (I cant see any advantage) So my question is, why doesnt Mossberg make all of them 7 plus 1?

Also, how hard would it be to convert this one to 7 plus 1? I have heard that with the breacher barrel you cant use the extended magazine? Something about clearance?

2. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    Lots of good news here-

The Mossberg 930 is one of the most popular shotguns on this forum, so you'll have PLENTY of feedback, almost all good. I am bias as an owner but it's an EXCELLENT shotgun, I mean, basically it's like a turbo-diesel-engined Hummer H2 -- It's Sleek and Cool looking but it runs fast and badass and will run forever and in tough conditions.

The 4+1 is standard for Mossberg's (at least standard in the 930's ) but is Very very easily correctable - Choate Machine and Tool (www.riflestock.com) makes a very large amount of magazine extensions for the Mossberg 930. you can pick your size. For example I bought a 930 SPX with a factory installed, standard, Choate +3 extension but - its not allowed in my pride and joy state of Jersey so I called them, they made me a +1 extension THAT DAY, the lady literally called later to tell me it had been blued and would be sent out on Monday (I called and ordered it on a Friday, and they made it and blued but wanted it to "chill out" and also be covered in oil for the weekend, letting it "drink up" the oil etc.) -- Choate's ppl are Supernice, I mean the ladies there are super nice.

I can't speak about the breacher barrel clearance but you could always just go down a little in lenght i.e. get a +2 instead of a +3 , I'm sure one round down wouldn't kill ya in the grand scheme of things.

And you should snap up this shotgun -- you'll love this. Seriously I am SO HAPPY I took the advice of this very forum and bought mine -- it's not my most expensive but definitely my most untouchable gun. I had tears in my eyes last August when I had a serious serious problem with money (sudden problem brought on big money trouble -- I just didn't have what I needed all the sudden and had run out of resources) and I was thinking about taking up a few offers. I literally had tears cause it's such a good gun (and very unreplaceable in NJ lol)

3. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Sep 11, 2009
    Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Do you have the pistol grip stock or the standard stock and which do you prefer?

4. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    no probs np.... my pleasure and always welcome.

Now I have the conventional stock but understand that the state of NJ bans autoloading shotguns having pistol grip stocks. So it's what I could get. {As it happens the state also bans autoloaders that hold more than 6 shots. So basically the 930 SPX is a banned shotgun in NJ... not banned by name (which there is a substaintial list!) but banned by the stock and capacity features. I got one luckily because Dick's screwed up. Now I have the standard stock and I had the company that makes the magazines for the 930 SPX just make me a magazine extension making my capacity 6 instead of 8 so I'm all good. Also I replaced the factory pad on the stock and put on a LimbSaver, and it makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE. I mean I can accurately blast away with full size full power 00 Buck and it doesn't hurt. And I can really control the muzzle and point that baby real good. it is a HUGE difference maker.

Trust me buddy, I'm not sure how much they want for this, exactly the condition etc. but you'll probably like it unless it's ****ed up.

5. Knighj1

Knighj1

Jan 11, 2007
    AL
    I like that same shotgun and think the +2 extension u listed would look good, but would like to know how far it stuck out? Would it lign up where the breacher and barrel come together or further out?
    Also is I buy the exension are there any tabs or nipples that need to be ground down for the extension?