close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

mossberg 930 spx question

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by glockfan2327, Feb 13, 2013.

1. glockfan2327

glockfan2327

Apr 26, 2010
    I just got my 930 spx back from mossberg , they replaced the barrel and a few internal parts.
    I tested with 9 different loads of bird shot and low recoil 00 buck shot, 0 problems.
    My question now is if i can keep it fully loaded? do you think the spring will get weak ?
    I know i can leave my glock fully loaded for long time without a problem, but i don't know about mossberg , any thoughts?

2. Hedo1

Hedo1

Oct 1, 2007
    SE Pennsylvania
    It should not cause you any problems.

If it is an HD Shotgun consider the spring a maitenance item. I change mine out every year. I shoot about 150-200 rounds per year thru my HD shotgun so it's not like it needs it.

I do the same with my carry G19. I put 3000 to 3500 rouds thru it per year. I change the recoil spring every year between christmas and new years (same time as the mossberg). Again it doesn't need it but I do it anyway, toss the old one in the spare parts bin and neber worry about it.