mossberg 930 mag tubes

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by CAcop, Dec 19, 2012.

1. I am looking at getting a mag tube for my home defense model and was wondering which was the better tube Nordic or Choate?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I've got the Choate and it works well. I've seen that they are a bit inconsistent though and you may have to trim the provided spring. Nordic on the other hand, from all accounts, is rock solid and great customer support. Both from what I've seen in the forums and fellow shooters at matches.

If I had to do it again, I'd go Nordic, they also have custom end caps where you can further tailor the capacity.

3. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

One of these days I plan on getting a Nordic for mine. Hard to find them in stock if you are looking for a +2 extension.

4. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

I've got a Nordic on my Benelli and it's fantastic, aren't the Choate 2-piece?

5. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Choate is the OEM for Mossberg 930s for a reason. Buy what you want, but Choate also has a great CS dept.

6. I have a nordic +2 on mine but had to order the Xlarge magazine cap to bring it out flush with the barrel and to hold a full 7 rounds. aslo I am using the stock spring, no problems at all. great fit and finnish.

I found mine at Cactus Tactical

7. Okay so I got the Nordic. Now when I dry fit it to the gun it comes up an inch short. Do the bigger end caps bring it up to size only and not really effect the capacity? All I care is that I get a legit +2 rounds. Now if I have a shot at +3 with a longer cap I might go for it.

Also my gun has a retaining piece or two in the mag tube. It essentially holds the spring in place so it doesn't go flying everywhere. How do I get it out? Some sort of secret handshake? Just yank?

8. yes, the extra large cap will get it close to flush and will allow for a true plus two( depending on the size of the 2 3/4 shells that your using, not all are the same length). as for the retainer, you have to push in the 2 tabs that stick out of the retainer down and under the retainer so they stay down and just pry it out. its pretty simple once you know how to do it. Make sure you hold on to the retainer as it is under pressure ans will go flying. If you have any questions or problems PM me and I will help as much as possible

9. I sent an email to Nordic and they said the standard cap would be true +2. Did you change the follower?

10. no, I kept the same factory follower and spring. The factory spring may not work for you but mine has worked flawlessly