close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mossberg 930 Home Security (85320)

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by tarmac, Jan 6, 2010.

1. tarmac

tarmac
    Expand Collapse

I was at my locale gun range putting my Remington 870 tactical through it’s paces. After shooting I was looking at some new auto’s that I would like to buy for fun shooting and noticed a 12 gauge Mossberg 930 Home Security (85320). It is a plain looking gun, 18 ½ plain barrel with a front bead sight and no magazine extension for under $500.00. Can anyone out there give me some positive or negative feed back.

Thank you

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Jon_R

Jon_R
    Expand Collapse

I have the 930 SPX model 85360 and it is a lot of fun to shoot. I think I paid $550 at Dicks for it. It comes with a mag extension and some very nice sights. If you can find that one for slightly more I would go with that. The action is the same on them but the extension and sights are easily worth $100 difference.

[​IMG]

3. tarmac

tarmac
    Expand Collapse

Thank you

4. mixflip

mixflip
    Expand Collapse

Actually I heard those ghost ring sights are closer to $200+ themselves so you really get a better deal on the SPX. I have a sock filling up with spare cash for a 930SPX as we speak. I absolutely must have one...thats how much I like that gun.

I already own a Remington 11-87 special purpose semi auto 12 gauge but I want both in my collection.

5. Bullman

Bullman
    Expand Collapse
    Deranged Deputy

I will let you know in a couple of days, I have one on the way. I decided not to go with the ghost rings this time, I am looking for the right optic to put on it though. For the time being I am going to have to hunt up a mag extension, as the only way you can get it from mossberg is in the SPX model.

6. tarmac

tarmac
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting one of my socks ready, Thank you

7. Broiler Monster

Broiler Monster
    Expand Collapse

I have a 930 spx under the bed. I love it. I bought it two months ago. It cycles everything I have shot through it from #7 birdshot to 3" 00 buckshot. Great sights on this gun! It's a good semi auto.

8. Bullman

Bullman
    Expand Collapse
    Deranged Deputy

Picked mine up this evening on the way into the office. It is definetly the basic model, with room for some mods like a mag extension, and a rail with the right optic, I think I am going to be looking for a occluded eye gunsight.

9. DogRanger

DogRanger
    Expand Collapse

Fathers day gift from the wife, 930 SPX. love it great gun. Even took it hunting.

10. tarmac

tarmac
    Expand Collapse

Walked into Dick’s today just to see what they had in the way of Shotguns. As I was walking back to the gun department I started to see the shotguns in the rack. The fright sight of as 930 SPX jumped out at me. Yes, there it was a Mossberg 930SPX, I could not pass it up. Paid a little more than I thought I should $620 but now I have one.

#10 tarmac, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  11. KPSquared

KPSquared
    Expand Collapse

The SPX option on the Mossberg shotguns are a good deal. Although it isn't a 930 I bought my 590A1 SPX for $600. It came with the mounted rail, LPA sights, ported barrel, and the Ontario Cutlery M9 bayonet.

[​IMG]