Glock Talk banner

Mossberg 500 Flex

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  China boy 
#1 ·
So, I bought a mossberg 500 Flex for my first shotgun thinking this new flex system would be nice to switch parts around with ease. Now that I have this shotgun I've been searching the web and it seems there are not really many options out there. Whats the deal? I almost wish I would have gotten the regular 500 as there is a lot more forearms, stocks and pistol grips available. Anybody know when more after market products will be available?

#4 ·
I almost got a FLEX but I will never use a pistol grip so I just got one of the ones with a rail on the pump forend. I've got one 18.5" barrel and one 28" barrel with the 3 chokes for trap, skeet, or hunting. The only accessory I really want to put on is a tac-light for home defense.

What kind of accessories do you want to put on?

#6 ·
What kind of accessories do you want to put on?
Well, I definitely want the 18.5 breach barrel but I know that is accessable. What I want it a better pistol grip and some forearm options. The pistol grip available it stupid and has this odd stripped pattern. I wish there were forearms like the regular 500. I read a bunch about the FLEX system and got pumped up for it and it seemed like a good first shotgun choice. Now I'm wondering if I would have went with a normal 500. The Tool-less System is nice though.

#7 ·
I took the 500 Flex to the range and shot 10 slugs from it. No complaints. It seems a little stiff with loading the shells but everyone at the range said everything loosens up after using it a bit. It was dead on at 25 feet. Definitely had a kick with the 1oz slugs but that was expected. Had a lot of fun and can't wait to bring it out again for a few more slugs before the weather changes and I can go sport clay shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.