close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Moss 590 side saddle?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by glock30user, Nov 5, 2011.

1. glock30user

glock30user

May 31, 2007
    U.S.A
    I am looking to get a side saddle for my Mossberg M590A1, any recommendations?

2. 757CC

757CC

Jun 23, 2009
    NC
    Mesa tactical is well worth the money...highly recommend

3. glock30user

glock30user

May 31, 2007
    U.S.A
    I’ll check it out. Thanks.

4. Feanor

Feanor

Feb 28, 2010
    If you attach it properly, the tacstar is all you need, and at substantial savings. You just need to be sure and loctite the individual screws.

5. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    I looked at the Mesa for my 590a1, but I had such good luck with a TacStar on my 870's that I decided to stick with it. The loctite suggestion is right on. Most guys remember the screws that go all the way through the reciever, but forget the little ones that mount the shell holders to the plate. Don't be that guy. Unscrew them, and reinstall them with loctite.

6. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    I have a tacstar on my 590, and one for a 590A1.

The mesa tactical are nice, but the tacstar hold up quite well. They haven't loosened or worn, and have been durable enough.

7. glock30user

glock30user

May 31, 2007
    U.S.A
    With using loctite how easy is it to remove to get to the trigger assembly for cleaning / and how will it hold up to be taken on and off at semi-regular intervals?

8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The mesa is great, but the elastomer in mine doesn't hold up well for long term storage with shells in it. Eventually the elastomer begins to set and the shells lose tension. Take them out for a couple days, and everything is back to normal. The TacStar that I replaced with the Mesa didn't have that problem, but didn't hold the shells as securely, and wasn't as rugged.

9. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    It's not a big deal to take it off, brush the loctite off the threads with a brass brush, and re-apply when putting it back together. It adds a little time to the process, but most of us don't fully break down the recievers of our pump action shotguns very often anyway. And there's no alternative. Don't do it, and things will fall apart.

10. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Kansas
    TacStar is a good unit. Just don't overtighten through the receiver and use Loctite like said.

11. glock30user

glock30user

May 31, 2007
    U.S.A
    It sounds like there isn’t a end all be all for side saddles - kind of disappointing

12. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    I use the tacstar. Hasn't moved one bit & I did not use any lock tight.

13. If you have issues With the rubber in your Mesa going flat, take it apart, cut a thin piece of welding rod or wire to slide the rubber over. It will never give you an issue again.

14. officerjohnson

officerjohnson

Sep 26, 2010
    I would recommend the side saddles that attach with velcro. There are no screws to come loose and ruin your day. You can look at the ones available at SKD tactical, there are several different kinds, Look at 3gungear also.