close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

More than 300 Teens in a Flash Mob at Walmart

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Glock Man_G19, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Glock Man_G19

Glock Man_G19

Jul 12, 2007
    VA

2. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
    Damn all those educated hard working white people! :psycho:

3. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    These kids were neither hungry or desperate. The news report says they were at a party - a good number of them are probably drunk.

Which also begs the question at what time did this happen? Is this a 24 hour Walmart? Maybe Wally should reconsider their 24 hour policy if it is.

Walmart has a written policy not to charge and prosecute anyone who steals less than $25 worth of merchandise.

As long as that loaf of bread cost less than $7500...its all good.

I guess I should only hope this isn't one of the Walmarts that sell firearms

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    Anyone in my family knows when you find a hornet's nest, you don't go mess with it... You walk away....... If I was in the store when this happened, I'd quickly make my way to the nearest emergency exit.

5. Glock Man_G19

Glock Man_G19

Jul 12, 2007
    VA
    I never said they were hungry or desperate. I said they weren't hungry or desperate. Meaning, if they are doing this when they aren't Hungry or Desperate you can imagine how bad things can get.

6. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I think that if one went down, the others would head for the nearest emergency exit.

7. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    According to the video they were sure having a good time, with other people's money.

8. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
    Typical trash! Nothing better to do with their lives. No one will be held accountable as usual....not their fault. Just sick of this crap.

9. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Well there is one simple solution...treat them like the animals they are. If they think they can bully society like that ..beat them down!

10. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    AMEN brother!

11. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    Think of it this way though.

With Twitter or Facebook communication somehow,someone was able to get 300+ teens to show up at one location and go wild.

What if the US economy goes the way of Argentina, or Greece?

What happens when a Flash mob of 300 teens show up at your home or place of business to do more than just act like morons. What if they come to rape, rob, and kill.

12. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    What would do with any other criminal element in that case?

13. Raiden

Raiden C&R Fun!

That would be a scary sight. However, I suspect - in this situation, where they're only motivated with petty gains - most of them will be climbing over each other to escape, the instant they're met with non-trivial resistance.

Like G19 mentioned, it'll probably be different when they're motivated by hunger or some other kind of madness that overrides their flight response. That's when it pays to have as many force multipliers (weapon choice, training, tactical high ground, etc.) on hand, to try and cope with the numbers.

14. The Shadow

The Shadow

Jan 14, 2012
    SC
    Put at least 1 round into as many of them as I could until they either leave or I'm dead. At least I can give my family time to escape out the back. Nothing else you COULD do.

Terry

15. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Apr 16, 2001
    North Texas
    Flash mobs can't really be kept out but they can be locked in.

Here is the principle how it works. With 300 in a Wally modification is required.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTzie3yKh40"]A Bronx Tale - Sonny's Bar - YouTube[/ame]