close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More proof people are getting dumber...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by vart, Feb 21, 2013.

1. JudgeRoyBean

JudgeRoyBean NRA Life Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    People are just stupider now days and also a lot less courteous. :steamed:

2. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    BUT (there's always a but) In a real white out headlights will reflect back and blind you. "Parking" or running light without headlights, and SLOW DOWN works better.

For tailgaters, I just wash my windshield. Enough spray goes over the top to make the other guy have to use his wipers. They usually back off. If it's already raining out, turning off my wipers doesn't help. Still need to work on that part.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

3. C4 Max

C4 Max

Jul 5, 2008
    AZ
    Arizona has a lot of border crossers that don't know how to drive and we are in prime time for the snowbirds (blue hairs ) I was almost cut off in the far left lane going 70mph as I watched a late 80s Buick LeSabre get on the highway and immediately cross 4 lanes of traffic to settle in the fast lane going 55 in a 65 speed limit.

4. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Aug 13, 2004
    far from home
    There was a news article on Yahoo(?) last week about people being dumber now than they were 2,000 years ago. It didn't surprise me in the least. We keep letting the stupid ones survive long enough to breed...

5. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

Feb 25, 2007
    NW Missouri
    That's great, u got daylight running lights on the back so someone who comes up on you can see you and doesn't ass end you?

6. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Aug 18, 2009
    Metro ATL
    Had a friend who rigged a windshield washer container for his rear window. He filled it with dishwashing liquid and whenever a tailgate got too close, he would wash his rear window. Ever see a car that was washed with soap and not rinsed properly?:supergrin:

NN

7. Palouse

Palouse The Resistance Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Washington State
    Living near where you grew up in Idaho (Moscow/Viola), I see enough ID plates driving around in fog to know that what you experienced in your youth is no longer true. People with "Famous Potatoes" on their plates also do not know how use their blinkers, but that's a separate issue.

Not to disparage Idahoans since I may be moving the eight miles across the border depending on how things go here in WA, I attribute most of what I see to the liberal elite who shop at the Moscow Food Co-op.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  8. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    I see people in town, almost every night I'm out, without their headlights on. I used to flash my lights but I've pretty much given up since they're so oblivious they still don't turn their lights on.

9. vart

vart

Feb 17, 2000
    The Palouse
    I visited my family in Moscow last summer, and couldn't believe how liberal Moscow had gotten...:crying:

10. Refer him to the classic movie "Thunder Road". The moonshine runner has a rig under his rear bumper so he can spray oil on the road behind him.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. goldenlight

goldenlight

Apr 15, 2007
    I have the automatic headlights, as well as daytime running lights. I have a folded of rag on the dashboard that I cover the electric eye with, and it turns on all the car's lights, and also shuts them off with the ignition, so I don't have to worry about leaving my lights on. If I turn the lights on with the switch, I have to turn them off with the switch.

The only time I don't use my lights is when the sun is shining on the street... which doesn't happen much in the winter, unfortunately.

I figured it was way more stupid to have your lights on when you may not 'need' them, than NOT to, when you do.

12. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Mar 30, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    In San Antonio everybody tries to out yield one another. 4 way stops are hell with everyone waving someone else on. I wish there was a law about right of way at a four way stop so it wasn't so confusing...

Highway ramps are also great. Not uncommon to see somebody on the freeway nearly stop to let someone on.

:fred: Stay off my grass!