close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

More of a religious issue so I'll post it here.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by OctoberRust, Oct 2, 2012.

1. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Funniest damn thing I've seen in a while.

Right now the apologists are going to try to spin it so that Jesus just allowed Odin to nail him to the cross to fulfill prophesy and forgive our sins... :whistling:

Randy

2. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Holy crap, are you saying he looked like a swarthy middle eastern? I like my Savior to look like me. Durka Durka

3. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    You laugh. You'd be AMAZED how many christians think that if Christ existed he looked like a white guy with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair...

Wait! Jesus is Roadhouse!
    [​IMG]

4. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    To be fair, Odin did sacrifice an eye, as a pledge and for a drink from Mimir's well.

5. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    I think Dalton could take Jesus. He beat Terry Funk and nobody beats a Funk.

6. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    True story.

7. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

To the OP I suggest just getting a pet monkey. You can rub it in his face how you're so much more evolved than he is, it'll make you feel great. You should get along nicely.

8. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    You can always tell who has nothing useful to contribute to an argument. They insult the guy on the other side.

Classy.

9. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

When it comes to Odin, anyone who crosses paths with him ends up apologizing, and begging for their lives after. Just ask the Vikings. :supergrin:

10. OctoberRust

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

Well, speaking of evolution. I have two dogs, they sure do resemble wolves very closely - especially my German Shepherd! We couldn't have possibly done any selective breeding, could we have? :whistling:

11. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    No, not at all. I'm simply hoping to discourage you and your ilk from posting anymore of this outright nonsense. Glock Talk is, essentially, a gun forum. Why a special sub-forum for God-haters and antisocial dissemblers is included here, I do not understand?

We'd all be able to learn so much more about guns, how to safely and effectively use them, and the world would be so much safer a place if you quasi-intellectuals and (not so funny) antisocial miscreants just went somewhere else to vent your inner hostility and rage against both the historical Judeo-Christian God and His creation - the universe in which we live for such short periods of time.

Don't you get it! You're not contributing anything useful; and I, for one, am tired of reading your lame witticisms and whining. Really, I'd much rather discuss guns and self-defense; and leave the angry little God-haters to go someplace else to spew their particular type of vitriol. Another thing, too: Of late the usual religious silliness and nonsense, around here, is getting worse - Not against Muslims and Al-Islam, but against Christians and Jews.

How is it that in America, today, Christians and Jews always seem to come across as the best targets? I know you think you're chic and in sync with the times; but to me - and my extensive seminary education - you come off as just another modern angry God-hating fool. Is this really what you want to do with the less than 50 years' worth of existence you've got left?

(Even as you read this the clock is ticking; and you're already on your way out. The only question is, 'To where'?) :upeyes:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  12. OctoberRust

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
    How can I hate something that doesn't exist? How is debating on the subject anti-social? You might want to look up what anti-social really means. Those who are insecure about their faith, often tend to hate when others bring up logic and facts, hence the word "faith"; believing in something with no factual basis to back it up.

Good, if religious talk offends you, and you just want to learn about guns, stay out of this sub forum. I suggest general glocking, gen firearms, tact shotguns, black rifle forum, carry issues, or the many other forums out there that are set heavy in these topics that catch your interest. It seems you're offended again, and have no logic or facts to back up your "faith".

This thread was started to show how many religions there are, and how they are created. It seems to have upset you that I pointed it out so clearly. All you could come up with were personal insults.

Modern god hating fool? :rofl: Again, how can I hate something that doesn't exist? Your definition of hate is out of whack.

Oppressed christians?

[​IMG]

When the time comes eh?

[​IMG]

13. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX

Why all of the hate? What do you have against OctoberRust's new religion? You just need to accept the one true goddess, before she lays waste to your city.

14. AlexHassin

AlexHassin

Dec 15, 2010
    Taiwan
    careful the goddesses battle ax shows no mercy and is happy to lay down the fools.

15. I hear what you're saying, brother. This thread reminds me of the Biblical "pearls before swine" passage. Or the 'shake off the dust of that scoffers' town from your sandals' passage.

I once saw a note in my Dad's Bible about eternity being divided into Smokers and NonSmokers sections...this thread surely gives the appearance of having a lot of Smokers.

At least you tried to reach out to them, God bless you for that.

16. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Feel free to avoid this subforum if it offends you when people point out you can't back up your beliefs with anything more substantial than "well, I believe it"...

It probably does suck when this made up stuff has as much evidence going for it as your belief system.

My condolences...

Randy

17. OctoberRust

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

don't forget to let him know, that when the charity basket comes around, give GENEROUSLY. :cool::rofl:

18. Animal Mother

Mar 22, 2004
    How is it that despite your "extensive seminary education" you're unable to refrain from clicking on this sub-forum and further find yourself unable to make a post without a vague "bad things will happen after you die" threat?

19. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I'm having fun here, beats the Christian threads where all you non-believers come and poo poo on others beliefs. :supergrin:

My head is still reeling that Jesus is not a white, cafe sipping, metrosexual. A swarthy middle easterner? How dare God come in human form to save us AND he picks a non white culture to do it?

Makes me almost want to partake of this new religion (which is actually just an older form of idolatry that has already been done). :tongueout:

20. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    Why is it you religious folk always want to silence people? It's not that you don't like our views... you want us not to be able to voice them at all. Yet you feel you should be perfectly free to go around professing beliefs for which you have zero evidence as the one and only truth. Doesn't work that way. This was meant to be a light and fun thread. You have to realize that most people don't take religion all that seriously. Even most believers. Only the extremists really consider it a matter of life and death.

Without religion.

Just as useful as religion.

Then get out. :wavey:

Awwww someone feels like a victim.

You're not seeing it in the correct light. You aren't targets. No one is targeting you. Hop off your cross... you aren't being victimized. What's happening is that Christianity and Judaism are dying in this country. Religion all together is dying in this country. Your views are being pushed out of the public square because people (even believers) are just tired of hearing about it. It's a strange sort of mass delusion the religious. Most people are smart enough now to know we weren't created from clay by a guy with a beard in a white robe in the sky. Most people really have a sense that much of what's in the bible is nonsense. But many still believe, in a luke warm type of way, because it's a social function and it brings them comfort when thinking about their eventual death. But take a look around. If you had to give a number from 1 to 10 to gauge a persons strength of faith... you being the most devout at 10 and me being the least devout at 1... what would you rank most Christians and Jews? They go to church every sunday.... but you'll catch most of them getting drunk watching the football game later that day. They put up a little baby Jesus in their yard at Christmas but Judy is cheating on her husband with her boss at work. The kids go to christian youth camp every summer but little suzie is giving angry hand jobs to boys behind the dumpster. Very few people take this stuff seriously anymore. So you're not a target. Your archaic mythology is just losing it's grip on humanity. And it's about damn time.

WOW! Do we think we're hip daddy'o? Do we think we're jammin on the 1's and 2's? How about tubular? Just making that statement tells me you have to be a hundred. But you probably are old. And that's the key. Today's generations have no use for religion. Even the ones that believe do so in a (yeah yeah... after I watch the Jersey Shore) kinda way. Your religion has had it's day... and now... like greek and nordic faiths... is going to be left in history. Did you really think it was going to last forever. I'm sure that's what the greeks thought too when they were worshiping their Gods.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012