close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

more lubbock

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by weakeyes, Oct 22, 2006.

1. weakeyes

weakeyes

One of the best matches I have been to. Great RO's and plenty of them. Almost no waiting.The steel was new or rebuilt and poppers and plates worked like a well oiled clock.I did lose two plate runs in the high two or low threes, but that was from a timer going on the blink and not RO's fault.
    This is a great match for new people the RO's are great.
    Cliff and the Club have knocked theirselfs out working on this range.
    I got to meet in person Don and DEJ, really great guys. Hope ya'll have a safe flight home today.Kay and I are planning on making it down your way for the shoot.
    I saw Don and DEJ shoot five to G looked like they were smoking it.Didn't see the score but I bet it was good.
    Bill B

2. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Well Weakeyes, I hear you shot a great score! By all I'm hearing it may be one of the best of the non-master scores around. Good job, congratulations! Glad you made it out & had a good time. MLM

3. weakeyes

weakeyes

Hey Mark,thanks for the compliment.Coming from a guy that shoots as well as you, that makes me feel really good. I have got to give credit to Bobby Carver.A mouth or so back, Without even seeing me shoot he told me what to correct. I came from best ever shot in a match ,of 75, to am civ 56 am comp 59.58 and master stock 64. three plate runs of 15.30,15.42,15.46.
    Imagine what a guy could learn if he went to one of Bobbys seminars
    Bill B

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

You are sure talking about one of the very best Bobby Carver can make a so so shooter into a great shooter in no time.

Pharaoh

5. jay33

jay33

I need the power also, what was the advice? What were you doing wrong, and how did you fix it? :therapy: I need therapy also.

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

congrats bill on the move to master, how many if any wins did you have before this? i won 3 classes at one match but already had 2 wins so only got a gun for one out of my three wins at the match. you'll have a top 5 finish for the year in AC, unless you get bumped out.

7. geezer-lock

geezer-lock

It’s about time Buckman moved up so I can have a shot at this deal. Then I just have to breeze on by Charles, Gordon, Stan, Jerry, Mike, Michael, Stephen and about two dozen others… Shuffleboard anyone? ;)

David C

8. weakeyes

weakeyes

ede, I have no earler wins, No one here seems to know how it will be handled. Some say one gun in am civ, some say one in am civ,then the competion win goes to second place, but I get one in master stock with a second place because Bobby wins overall????????????? If you know please reply
    Thanks Bill Buckman (stumped)

9. BCarver

BCarver Millennium Member CLM

Bill,

First of all, "Congratulations" on some fine shooting. Wow, you graduated from my class with "honors".:bluesbrothers: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :wave:

As for the "how" your scores will harvest, here's my opinion:

(Since you have not won a certificate in the past)

1 certificate for 1'st Place Am Civ
    1 certificate for 1'st Place Competition
    1 certificate for 1'st Place Master

As for the match in Pensacola, should you and Kay travel to shoot and any other future matches following this performance, "You get to shoot Master Class". If you need a great mount for one of your Glocks to make it an Unlimited, I know a guy that sells the #1 mount on the market.;) ;)

Let me know when you want me to travel back to Lubbock to give an all day class and I'll see if I have an open date.

Congratulations, again,
    Bobby

10. ede

ede Bama's Friend

bill, bobby is correct, you'll get a certificate for each 1st place finish if you've not had any other wins. i think your friends are confused from looking at results form other matches, say michigan this year where i won 3 classes but only got one certificate, becasue i had 2 wins already, not because i had 3 wins at one match. now when you go winning 3 guns in the master classes at a match you'll only get one gun and the next shooter will get the certificate.

11. weakeyes

weakeyes

Thanks Bobby and ede, there are some scary scores shot by masters.seeing scores in the forties makes me want to run and hide.
    Bill B

12. weakeyes

weakeyes

jay33 I guess the main thing Bobby C. helped me with, was to find which shot, first or second I missed most.99.9% misses was second shot. This was a big supprise to me.I started cleaning up the second shot, and things really came together.There were several other things but this was the main thing.Sorry to be so long with answer,we are starting cotton harvest up here on the high plains of Texas.
    Bill B