close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

More details on CA officer killed as he was being arrested.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sam Spade, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Yeah, that's messed up. I guess the question is, their sexual relationship began how many years ago?

2. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Jul 26, 2007
    The interwebs
    Yes, he is absolutely ultimately responsible. With that said, and bearing in mind that I almost never take this position, it just shouldn't have gone down this way. What the **** was that moron supervisor thinking when he told everyone that the victim was being pulled for an investigation.

While I believe that the deceased was in the wrong, I believe this supervisor was responsible for the frenzy of events that escalated that incident into a shooting.

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    Screw that family I had to do the same thing to one of my guys, only he came in to my office and I told him I need your gun and badge, and told him why , he took his belt off, I had him take off his shirt so they did not get to see him in uniform with cuffs on.
    He told me where all his agency equipment was at the house, he walked out of my office cuffed and I turned him over to state attorney investigators.

Same thing police explorer situation...No way we were letting him get off shift, as when one cop knows they all know!

4. Quote from his father in the article: "What happened to the brotherhood?"

Since when do brothers draw on brothers?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  5. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    He was never part of the brotherhood in spirit... if he thought his position allowed him to have sex with young ladies in the explorer program...

6. jhooten

jhooten NRA Life Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Central Texas.
  7. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Once again the inexorable law, "Stupid games have stupid prizes", worked it wrath and proved that not even police are exempt from that law of the universe. Stay safe out there people. America needs every good cop we can get.

8. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    By the way, having gone to high school and to college with some girls who could trip you and beat you to the floor, we don't know just what part that 17-year old played in the start of this cluster XXXX. Maybe she was seduced or maybe she was the seducer. We'll never know. Remember that guys. When I was 15-16, my dad told me about how stupid sexual temptation can make a man. Remember that all cops are under a microscope for their behavior. It goes with the job.

9. I agree. That quote in the first line came from his father. IMHO, regardless of how low he stooped, drawing on his fellow Officers was an even worse abomination. Just my .02.

10. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    How long was the affair going on? She might be 17 now, and that's probably legal in a lot of states, but it gets much creepier much faster the further you go back in time...

Randy

11. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    There was no "dog and pony show." The arrests were SOP, and the POS officer, Hill, was on an unarmed post, the jail control center, and smuggled the pistol into work in a backpack. This case is the reason BOP now screens all staff entering the secure facility. There was no screening of staff prior to this incident.

I personally worked cases with OIG Agent Sentner, and knew BOP Lt. Cockerham, who was wounded in the shooting, as well as the POS Hill. Sentner was an outstanding agent, very professional and by the book. Cockerham is also a great guy, who would give you the shirt off his back.

Hill was nothing more than a low-life scum, protected for years by the local AFGE, who knew he was dirty well before this incident.

12. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    The LE employed individual of the story (notice I didn't say cop.) forfeited any sympathy or compassion when he decided to resist and draw his gun on the cops. Doing so not only showed who he really was but also what he truly wasn't, ( a cop).

13. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011

We have a winner.

14. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
    Gawdalmighty what a clusterfark. Yeah, it's ultimately the dirtbag's fault, but some administrative heads need to roll.

15. I agree only if you're talking about the idiot LT that opened his yap. Everything else seems like the admin was trying to do it as safely as possible.

16. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    It may be that the LT. was not told what was going on besides that the explorer was being removed from the scene. Even if that is the case however why did he feel the need to share that info with everyone? Apparently he fails to recognize the concept of "Need to know".

17. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    Sounds like there are plenty of idiots in that department. My heart goes out to the officer who had to put down his best friend. He may never survive emotionally from that.