close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Moose and humans

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Jitterbug, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Aug 27, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. That photo with the moose all over that animal control vehicle is hilarious.

3. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    Road salt is more chemically made than natural, right? If so, they will eventually get sick and beg for a 10mm to put them out of misery.

4. dryfly

dryfly Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2009
    White Mountains NH
  5. Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Aug 27, 2002
    That's funny when the bull charges the truck...how fast can ya go in reverse?

They use Magnesium Chloride as much if not more then salt in Colorado, so I was thinking that couldn't be any good for the Moose?

I was fishing the Yampa River just west of Steamboat about 7 years ago when I ran into a bunch of Moose sign, I had to get on my hands and knees to crawl through the willows to get to a good fishing hole and it was like being in a Moose pen. I had a 10mm on my hip...underneath my waders. So no quick draw.

I'll tell ya, I was bit nervous what with all that fresh sign, I was fairly certain a cow with a calf was in the area.

Neat animals but you sure don't want to hit one in a vehicle or get too close to them while in the woods...worst case is surprising one in the willows on a river.

Nice country up there Solid Brass.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  6. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

Sep 2, 2011
    When I lived in Alaska moose were known to charge oncoming trains. (as a full grown moose fears nothing)

7. Ak.Hiker

Ak.Hiker

Feb 8, 2005
    Homer Alaska
    Pretty wild place Steamboat Springs. I hear they ride horses into grocery stores as well.