close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mold/Corrosion on my EOtech?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Seattle206, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Sorry, this picture was taken with my iphone.

On my Eotech XPS3, I noticed that there is mold/corrosion? on one of the metal screws. I picked off most of it with a knife, as you can see from the picture where the mold/rust developed. I am curious why it rusted. I've used this sight only twice. I do keep this particular AR in a pelican case, could it have had some moisture in it? But I have kept many of my guns in the same case for years and never had a problem with rust or discoloration.

The rust is an olive/greenish.

[​IMG]

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I find that things stored long-term in even the best cases tend to grow things you don't want.

3. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Kansas
    Put a dapple of oil on the screw heads and fugetaboudit.

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yes, a drop of oil and forget about it. Better to have a bit more oil than not enough oil. That dust attracting BS is just that... you would have to attract a LOT of dust for it to make a difference.

You think that's bad, you should see my old leather duty gear. The nickel hardware on it developed a nice bright nuclear green/blue ring of crap around every button.