close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mobile, AL 2012 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by SARDG, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Please post your stories and photos here. :wavey:

2. I'm in town and got to the range about 5:40 tonight and met up with Bama. Helped out marginally for about 30 minutes and followed Bama out who led me most of the way to the hotel. (I seem to get lost shortly after leaving my driveway in Florida.)

Anyway... this range is quite beautiful. GSSF and y'all should be duly impressed.

Going by the CG Air Station Exchange tomorrow on the way in and be at the range around noon and hopefully shoot. See many of you tomorrow.

3. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

Oct 24, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Well Normanez and I showed up and there were no lines so we were able to shoot all 13 of are entries in about 3 hours. Only issue was the poor lighting and some sheriff deputy who kept yelling something about range closed. I feel really confident that the times I selected, uh I mean that we're recorded by Normanez will be quite well when registration opens tomorrow morning and I can get my stickers stuck on the forms.

malladus

4. Finally figured out how to win a gun, huh? :shocked:

5. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

Oct 24, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Carry Bama's bag. It's scientifically proven.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    I was here Thursday as well, stopped by Bamas and washed the CRV so it'd look good parked at the range and mowed his lawn incase he had anyone stop by his house. Loaded up mags for him last week so he's all set to go, except I need to stop and pick up breakfast for him today.

7. sailor

sailor

Jul 30, 2000
    Daphne,Al, USA
    Headed to the range in about 20 minutes, Good Lord willing.

8. All the ROs that got here on time, shot today. 212 pre-registered (counting a few today).

Headed out to dinner with GSSF, ROs, and any other fool who can put up with us all.

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    The wether was perfect by the way.

Oh, all proceeds on raffles and food go to benefit various charities supported by the Sheriff. Among them are a battered women's shelter and a law enforcement survivor program for law enforcement families.

10. malladus

malladus Glock Whore

Oct 24, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Well have to say the range and the set up is really nice. The sheriff's office is pulling out the stops. You can't miss the range with the large traffic sign flashing Welcome at the entrance. They have pretty much spruced the whole place up and the stages are well laid out.

Shot 3 of my 7 entries this afternoon at the RO shoot. My unlimited gun as par for the course decided to melt-down so I had to switch over to the 17L for the rest of the match. It and my 26 in subcompact were not exactly my most stellar performances ever. My competition entry went alot better, and was a second fastest time I've ever posted with my 17L.

We had entry 212 this afternoon shoot through so already looking like a good turn out. The weather was super nice, cool breeze and all.

malladus

11. Dinner at The Original Oyster House. I'll let someone else tell "the rest of the story" on the events leading to dinner. Just remember, everyone in these pics are all d****d liars. :) :tongueout:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I see a lot of aiming fluid on that table. Have fun. I'm off to Philly for my 50th reunion.:wavey:

13. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Liars? Word on the street is that someone:whistling: got stopped and was lucky enough that someone knew someone else because the "But Officer, :crying:, I forgot my license...and my panties" wasn't working.:rofl:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  14. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    Shot yesterday, worked today at the Plates. Never many shooters waiting to shoot. Had a issue with one shooter I defered to the Match Director to resolve. Won one of the raffels and got 250 rounds of 9mm ammo from Summit Ammunition you can find them at www.summitammunition.com
    I got some extra special attention from Erin at the registration desk. I may only shoot the GSSF matched Erin works from now on. Wish I'd of brought a camera to of saved it for everyone to see and enjoy.

15. ROing brings UncleBob to his knees...

[​IMG]

Don at PC supervises UncleBob...

[​IMG]

Dan Johnson runs an 'M'...

[​IMG]

~285 shot today (but I think that includes yesterday). Prolly looking at 400+ total for the match.

16. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Aug 29, 2005
    North Georgia
    Well tomorrow, I will see if it scientifically proven as I will be carrying Bama's gun bag first thing in the morning. My daughter and I will be shooting with Bama. Then jetting back home.

We worked the plates all day. We could tell that everyone was having a great time. The Mobile Co. S.O. has a great shooting facility and great personnel running the ranges. If you shoot tomorrow please be sure to thank them and the MCSO Sheriff's Explorers that were out helping too.

Roadkill751

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. Shooter64

Shooter64

Apr 8, 2002
    Arkansas
    I didn't shoot well but the match ran very well. This was my first GSSF match. I learned a lot from this match.
    I want to thank Bama and all of the RO's for all they did to run a smooth match.

Sent from TapTalk 2

18. sailor

sailor

Jul 30, 2000
    Daphne,Al, USA
    Great match. I enjoyed shooting Friday and ROing Saturday. I hope this one makes it on the list every year. It was good seeing all the GSSF guys.

19. Match pre-lime are up on gssfonline.com

Go check it out

361 enterys match total.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  20. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

Mar 13, 1999
    Which setups were used for the 5-to-Glock and the M?