close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MN pro-gun law in senate this week...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Lynch_6913, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Lynch_6913

Lynch_6913

Oct 16, 2011
  2. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    Recognition, not reciprocity. Reciprocity with all states means that a MN permit would be valid in all 50 states. Recognition of all states means that anyone with any permit may carry in MN.

This will pass the senate, the question is can we shame the plutocrat Governor into signing it?

3. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
    I hope this passes! Im from MN and visit there frequently, this would be very nice to allow CC while visiting friends and family!

4. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I do believe they tried to pass this last legislative session but it failed??? I worked in MN over the summer and couldn't carry at all I really hated it too bad the law didn't pass so I could have carried.

5. ponders

ponders

Jun 16, 2011
    Minot ND
    good! i hope it passes .. i have family in minnesota and i live in North Dakota.. would be nice if my permit was valid there. right now its not.

when it does become valid there it will be nice to carry there as i dont like going far into another state where i dont know how to get anywhere and i dont know the layout of the place i go to, so needless to say im lost when i cross state lines. and it suks to be unarmed when lost:wow:

will be nice to have my g19 with me when it passes :wavey::cool::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    xman, it is still the same session, they adjourned for the season last year but that only freezes everything in odd number years. Each session is two years long, so when the Legislature started up again they picked everything up right where they left off. The senate has to pass it but the house does not have to re-pass it.

7. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

The Gov is an odd duck (and extremely liberal in his ways), hard to tell what he will/don't do.

8. Pete250R

Pete250R

Jan 11, 2002
    Lino Lakes, Mn
    I call him Governor Goofy.

I'd put money on a veto.

9. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
    I would bring up the gang member analogy that she so quickly used! For one how many gang members are running around with legally acquired firearms? And why not let the trash take out the trash?!! I would also find someway to respectfully argue her belief that the local PD chiefs are in anyway experts at law making, not being anti leo here, but their job is to enforce the law, not come up with laws and interpret new laws. IMHO

10. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    Also most chiefs especially in that part of the metro are not too keen on anyone having guns that doesn't have a badge. Not the individual officers but the brass seem to be very out of touch with what actually goes on in their cities.

I might point out that there is still the reluctant participant requirement, also why should a law abiding citizen have to attempt to leave someplace they have every right to be and possibly put themselves in a much worse tactical position.

11. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
  12. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    Passed the Senate 40-23 Thursday. My understanding and from what is posted on the Legislature website is that this is now on to the Governor for either a signature or a veto. At least one news station this morning is reporting it has to go back to the House first. As of right now this does not have a veto proof majority, it would take three more senate votes for that.

13. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Aug 15, 2011
    midwest
    fingers crossed!!!! Lets just home Mark Dayton pulls his head out of his arse for a few to sign it!

14. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    I was incorrect, it did have to go back to the house for a procedural vote. It went through and is now on the Governor's desk. There is a slight possibility that a veto could be overridden. There is a much greater possibility that the legislative leadership works out a deal with the Gov for something he wants later in the session.