close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mmjb

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by okie, Aug 10, 2004.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Sunday I upgraded MusicMatch 8.3 to 9.0. Ever since my puter has been acting funny when I have MMJB playing. My puter is real slow now. Only
    when I have MMJB playing. Anyone else having problems? Can I go back to 8.3^8

2. sandboy6184

sandboy6184

Feb 25, 2004
    Control alt delete ---> task manager---> see whats eating up your resources and post here you wanker.

3. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Just Opera and MMJB;P

4. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    Okie-
    Click the Processes tab and you can see more detail on what's taking up resources.

5. Furant

Furant Millennium Member

Oct 14, 1999
    Roswell, GA
    I always hate when people respond to a "problems" thread with recommendations to change software, but here goes:;)

You really ought to give MediaMonkey a look. I used MMJB for a couple of months before switching, and I am thrilled with every aspect of MediaMonkey over MMJB's bloatware.

Joey

http://www.mediamonkey.com

6. sandboy6184

sandboy6184

Feb 25, 2004
    Didnt I just say that? :soap:

7. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    Not really. You told him hit alt-tab-delete, which brings up the Task Manager. You assume he knew what to do from there.

8. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Thanks for the info everyone. jferrante I will look over MM and see what I think. I did a spyware check and deleted those that seemed to help a bunch;)

9. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    I just d/l'd it. Looks pretty good. I've been running MusicMatch for quite a while, and you're right. It's getting pretty bloated.

10. Furant

Furant Millennium Member

Oct 14, 1999
    Roswell, GA
    Cool. About 80% or so of the functionality is free, you have to upgrade to Gold for more advanced things like the File monitor (if you regularly edit tags, rename or move files, etc. from within a different app) or if you want to run some VB scripts on the database (that's pretty powerful).

The forum (link on their main webpage) is also very helpful. I manage just over 5000 songs and swap out playlists for synchronizing with my iPod (using EphPod) on a regular basis.

Glad to help.

Joey