close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MJ now legal in WA state

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Dubble-Tapper, Nov 6, 2012.

1. JrFreak

JrFreak

Jan 4, 2010
    Central PA
    +1. Use it at home, fine. Use it while at work or driving... jail time. It's their life... if they want to be lazy losers and smoke pot all day long... let them.

2. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    "At work"... Jail time if someone uses MJ "at work"??
    What if their employer is OK with it?

From where do you get the authority to decide what should be the contract between someone who uses MJ and their employer?

3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Prohibition was passed in a flurry of early 20th century progressive amendments. Prohibition is a Progressive concept.

Marijuana prohibitionists are Progressives. To grant the fed authority to prohibit marijuana one must subscribe to a liberal progressive reading of the Constitution, specifically the commerce clause.

In other words, these folks think they're good conservatives but they bastardize the constitution by allowing the fed to seize power. They're liberals and they don't even realize it.

Reminds me of this Dave Chapelle skit: Clayton Bigsby, the blind black white supremacist

4. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    What if I work at a head shop?

5. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator

:perfect10:

The TRUTH!!!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    CF, you have an eye for classic sig-lines.

7. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    irrisputably

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    It is clear that opinions on marijuana legalization flucktuate.

9. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    We're waiting for an influcks of new data.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    I hear marijuana use is bad for your refleckes

11. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    .. causes wild influckuation of the pulse and breathing.

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    GT discussions always manage to get to the crucks of the matter.

13. Had a druggie move into my neighborhood once, but he didn't cause any problems. Guess it's a numbers thing, not really an influcks... more of an influck.

14. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Obliviously.

15. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    For all intensive purposes, yeah.:rofl:

16. dcc12

dcc12

Nov 30, 2010
    And when you have a government that goes against the expressed wishes of the people. ie The people of the state voted for the legalization of marijuana use, or the expressed definition of a marriage is overturned by a government that is the true definition of tyranny

17. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Au contrare mon frair certified, prohibition is the antithesis of progressionism (new word?) now the democrats enacted the 1922 Harrison narcotics act as part of a racist platform, but I would not consider it progressive.

I am on the record as being in favor of the legalization of all drugs except 2, romazicon and narcan. If you OD and are not 6 yrs old or under or visually impaired, I mean accidental OD, then Darwin wins.

But to ascribe prohibition to liberal progressivism, well let's just say I am highly skeptical.

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Progressives want to control behavior. The nation was founded upon principles including individual liberty. The conservative view is classic liberalism. Make sense now? :supergrin:

Sceding (sp?) power to the federal government is a progressive principle. Tolerating the federal government seizing power unconstitutionally is a progressive principle. The bastardization of the commerce clause is a progressive principle.

A whole flurry of progressive activity took place in the early 20th century including the Harrison narcotics act and the 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th amendments.

You need to remember who the early progressives were and what they believed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  19. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Liberals and conservatives want to control behavior. I associate liberals with a relaxed view on drugs, but HWSNBN shot that in the butt when he said no legalization of MJ.

Prohibition was a result of puritanical women tired of catching a beating Friday and Saturday nights, in broad strokes, no pun intended.