close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mitt Romney may have blown the election

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BSA70, Sep 18, 2012.

1. JMag

JMag

Feb 7, 2001
    USA:Love it or leave!
    Most, if not all, of the conservatives saying he has "blown it" are what we call RINOs. RINOs are on the endangered political species list at last check.

2. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    Great googley moogley, this thread is still going.

No need to banter or bicker back and forth, just look at the playbook folks (i.e., follow the money... :whistling: ).

It's barry soetoro as dictator until 2016. In late 2014, or in 2015, the bottom blows out of our economy and we have economic collapse. Those who own America's as well as Americans' debt come in and literally, without trying to hide it as they do now, begin to parse out the American homeland. We may have a choice to go the way of Iceland, or Greece, and 47% is not the majority the last time I looked (e.g., I'm an eternal optimist.).

Shortly thereafter, a lot of men and women who like to tickle itching ears are fully exposed for what they really are with no way and no where to hide themselves. A few of these will honestly repent, but most will allow their bellies to be their god, instead of the Creator, and they will line up with the new world order's global religion.

Soon thereafter the false messiah will proclaim his authority and be backed by a lot of aforementioned ear ticklers as well as the usual globalists. Then, the recognized global entity (e.g., Right now it is referred to as the united nations) at that time will ask the false messiah to solve all the problems, conflicts, and divisions caused by race, religion, and finances. With the help of the mass media, the majority of the world's population will be hoodwinked into giving their allegiance to the false messiah for the promise of peace and prosperity. (NOTE: Some of these ear ticklers already have given themselves over the world's (i.e. s*t*n's) creature comforts instead of the Gospel from the Holy Bible, but this is from my individual set of Biblically based beliefs so I won't bore the forum by elaborating on it.)

However, not all will turn out to be sheeple. Men and women, who understand that the answer to America's problems in 2012 is the spirit of 1776 will doggedly pursue their patriotic calling. Of these, the true believers in the religions will suffer the worst. These believers will be pointed out and misrepresented as a wicked vanguard against global peace and prosperity. It will become a crime to utter the Name of Jesus Christ. A lot of the believers will be forced underground for an appointed time, but most of those in the united States will be either be murdered, or be sent away to prison camps.

This is the time to decide to go the way of Iceland (the 53%), or Greece (the 47%) folks, it is later than we all think when it comes to our future as a nation and as Americans period.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

3. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Aug 31, 2012
    terra nullius
    Never let it be said, 'Trew2Life isn't courteous'.

You're under-estimating the persistency of the new voter generation in the new voter age. BHO still shows the ability to bring out the youths to his rallies and speeches and motivations (to vote) are high.

2.4 milion people is a lot of votes. These kids are growing up in the age of Occupy Wall Street, The Tea Party, SB70, UC Davis. They're ready to vote! The pollster may be using a bad sample, but they would be getting the same results.
    Thus, The Romney campaign has changed direction in recent ads to portray a more 'caring' side of Romney.

So ... by your own closing explanation, the establishment is known to tweak poll numbers for ulterior motives. Hmmm

That's why I never really put to much faith in polls. I don't even trust those 9 out of 10 dentist.

Sorry. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Nor am I a Alphabet Voter. Nor do I practice the Revisionist History you just described of Reaganomics and Bush.

With respect to the ME, you want BHO to play the role of Messiah and bring everlasting peace. That's not really worth debating and you haven't answered the question. Are you ready to go to war with Iran?

I do not see Romney advocating for a 'middle position' and it isn't from lack of trying. The man has stood on each side of each of his major positions of the last 20 years. I just saw and old Bain Capital video of [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiQ_4LGeW4"]Romney explaining the Bain Capital method of 'private equity'[/ame]. Dispite the commentary (which is obviously biased), hear it from Romney's own mouth @ 2:35

4. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

Feb 2, 2005
    State of Denial
    I don't think Romney has "blown it", sometimes it seems like he's trying.

Cry "RINO" all you want, but just because someone is upset with one person doesn't mean they are secretly for the other guy.

5. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

And your support for this is....where?
    If they are using a bad sample, how can they be getting the same results as that of a "good" sample?

Here's something that a critical thinker would wonder. If Obama were *really* ahead by 10 points in OH...why is he spending tons of money and time in that state? What are his internal polls telling him that Quinnipiac isn't?
    What establishment? Are you arguing that pollsters don't have their own motives?

Hey, if Quinnipiac thinks a D+9 with depressed R turnout is a valid predictive model, let them support it. But the facts on the ground don't.

You don't think the 80s and early 90s had expansionary GDP?

That isn't what I want...that's what Obama said he'd do, by virtue of being Obama. And he failed. What I don't want him to do is apologize for our 1A protections and grovel at the feet of Islamofascists.

Then I don't think you're listening. Status quo means Medicare and Social Security go bankrupt within the next 15 years. A "middle" position is trying to save it. An extreme position is closing it all down.

You're very hostile to private enterprise.

6. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Aug 31, 2012
    terra nullius
    My support for this is obvious in the current events, Everywhere you look, you see people - all over the world - taking up their right to vote.

Most particularly, right here in America as our last two elections have been billed as, 'the most important election of your lifetime'. The old models and trends cannot be relied up, my friend.

As far as BHO campaigning in key swing states ... where is he supposed to campaign? It ain't over till it's over.

It's your explanation that Quinnipiac et. al were 'futzing with the poll sample'. I always do my ground work and the 2012 turn out will be equal to or greater than 2008. If I prove it to you now, that would make me a Prophet, and I am not. So I will have to let you see it happen for yourself.

I'm not hostile to private enterprise at all. I realize what Bain Capital does has it's place in free enterprise. That doesn't mean it don't suck. It's like this old saying, 'Everyone loves a good steak, but no one wants to date the butcher.' Mitt Romney is the butcher of Bain in that analogy.

7. JMag

JMag

Feb 7, 2001
    USA:Love it or leave!
    True. Sometimes they are just not too bright.

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Does anyone ever feel like firing a liberal who works for them just for sport?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

There are some facts on the ground that either you don't know about or you didn't do the "ground work" to begin with.

To recap, your contention is that people are being added to the voter rolls by virtue of turning 18, and that explains a +9 D turnout model.

However, again let's look at OH. Voter registration in OH is down by 490,000 from 2008. So immediately we are looking at a smaller pool of voters, not a larger one. Second, that reduction is concentrated (44%) in Cleveland proper and Cuyahoga county, where Dems outnumber Republicans by 2:1. Now even if you want to make the argument that the raw registered number in OH is still higher for Ds than Rs (which you can't really support anyway, since OH doesn't register by party), it's clear the margin is down since 2008, and yet here Quinnipiac is forecasting an increased D turnout and a decreased R turnout.

Quinnipiac's model is wildly unrealistic, and the Obama campaign knows it. Otherwise they wouldn't be wasting time and money in a state they ostensibly carry by 10 points.

So to me it's either that Quinnipiac is incredibly incompetent (which I don't believe) or they are trying to create polling cover for Obama.

Ds aren't going to be +9 over Rs in this election. Bet you a steak dinner. :)

I'll put it another way...if you're taking up for Obama, by definition you're hostile to private enterprise. :)

10. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

Sep 25, 2001
    Reparations! :supergrin:

11. I fired 12 people in 2008 that voted for Obama, I took a vote of my other people, they voted to get rid of them. I did explain to them that people do not get paid by poor people and good luck in finding another job, and also when they go home to explain to their families they would have to look to Obama for work, food, etc.

Now we only hire registered republican voters, we also got together with 22 other business in our area that also fired their Obama voters, in total we sent 67 liberal moochers on their way.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  12. You're a real piece of work.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts here ever. I guess you deserve a trophy or something.

13. Another moocher, and supporter of a truly incompetent person who has spent 6 Trillion dollars and running this country into the ground.

By the way what I need is to convince more companies in my area to rid themselves of these people, they support raising our taxes and implement regulations that are seriously detrimental to business that would create great hardship on me and my family, so I feel they should undergo that same hardship.

The President is for redistribution of wealth, so I feel it is only right to show the consequences of such action.

14. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    Wow. This thread is still going. No for long now, I fear.

Listen, I'm a conservative blue collar guy. I'm voting for Romney.

But if you did these things, you sir are a top shelf d-bag.

You can someone for their political beliefs? What next? Religion? Skin color?

You're not a conservative. You're a dictator. Doing illegal things, btw. If I could find the people you fired, I'd be sure to forward this thread to them so they could get you ass locked up.

Conservative my ass….

15. You should feel shame if anything you posted is true.

To fire an employee because he or she disagrees with your politics is not only wrong, it is downright hateful.

To send an employee home jobless, to tell their family that they were terminated based on nothing more than their politics shows a complete lack of morals on your behalf.

As I said, if what you say is true, you are a truly awful American.

My guess is you're full of it. But, if you're not, Karma is a cruel mistress.

16. BSA70

BSA70

Aug 14, 2007
    NC
    There more and more obama signs popping up in yards around nc:crying:

17. Fox184

Fox184

Apr 8, 2010
    Whats a shame are the liberals running this country into the ground by undue regulations, etc. This country is quickly being divided and before we know it it will by like the North vs. South. Only this time it will be the liberals vs. conservatives.

18. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

1st.

Political party is not a protected status.

Second, even if you fire someone because of their skin color, its not a criminal violation. It is purely a civil matter and it goes through a different court. You dont get thrown in jail

Third, by your post, you are not a "conservative blue collar guy".

Likely a "union card holding blue collar guy"

BTW how many jobs have you personally created in your lifetime?

19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

He is distorting my original post.

I specifically had a good justification. "For Sport"

This is perfectly valid reason. Even the govt agrees with me. As an exmaple the govt added a test for imported firearms requiring a "sporting purpose".

20. Okay, so two things, and this is based on the thought that you're telling the truth. I don't believe that for a moment, BTW, but I'll play along.

First, you're way to protest people getting food stamps, unemployment, other government assistance, etc, is to force those numbers to go up, and encourage other business owners to do the same? Do you even remotely comprehend the sheer stupidity of that? If what you say is true, then what you've just done - LITERALLY - is taken more money out of your business and put it into the pockets of those "mooches" that YOU, PERSONALLY, created.

Secondly, and again, presuming you're not as completely full o' crap as I'm pretty certain you are, but if you ask someone who they voted for - worse, DEMAND they tell you on threat of firing - I'm pretty sure you're going to be hearing from attorneys, because I'm pretty certain that is not something you could legally do as an employer. I know for a FACT if my employer asked me, my answer would be "Yes, I voted. See, here's my sticker!" and that's all they need to know.

But it doesn't matter, because I'm about 99% certain you're just talking out of your butt, being an "internet tough-guy" who probably mans a desk in some massive cube-farm. But you carry on saying whatever you'd like. Free speech - even if it's stupid - is still alive and well.