close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mitt Romney may have blown the election

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BSA70, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

And so, interestingly enough, he doesn't claim the full deduction for his charitable donations. Thereby making his tax liabity comply with the 'no less than 13%' proclaimed earlier. Who does that? Who intentionally over-pays their taxes? Didn't he say over-paying his taxes would disqualify him as president?

2. Averageman

Averageman

he is a hoot isn't he?
    The question then becomes what main course goes well with his Whine?

3. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Don't forget Wrights frequent rants against Jews, too.

Of course Obama claims that despite attending that church for 20 years, he had no idea what was being preached!

4. Averageman

Averageman

Thats funny because so many from the left are saying they dont pay enough in taxes.
    Romney overpays by not taking deductions and you complain, he gives an additional 4 million to charity this year and you say it's a scam.
    50 million in 20 years to charity, yep that can only sound like a scam. The tough thing is its all down on paper and you have liberals now saying it's very charitable and noble.
    I think your just afraid to pull those Obama stickers off your Subaru and admit your wrong.

5. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Who does that? Someone who is giving for the sake of giving and not for private gain.

As for his statement, Romney wasn't talking about faith and charity. He was talking about overpaying taxes due to financial ineptitude.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  6. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

No. Clearly I made a comparision of things people disbelieve dispite the evidence to the contrary. Tax Returns / Birth Certificate and how both are considered suspect. Personally, I think it's easier to fake a tax return.

7. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Really? Price Waterhouse Coopers has issued a sworn affidavit regarding his taxes.

As for Birth Certificates, millions of illegals buy them on the street every year, often for less than $100.

8. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

What I will admit is your strawman argument has failed. This was/is never about charitable contributions. If you choose to believe that Mitt Romney is a magnanimous philanthropist, go right ahead. Add that to the, 'I don't worry about the 47%' mantra and run with it through election day.

9. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Denial :uglylol:

10. Bulldog44cal

Bulldog44cal

He's not lying. Welfare and handouts cost taxpayers millions. Why should working class get taxed to death to support communities that contribute zero to the nation. It's not a secret that the democrats need these dependents to secure votes based on welfare handout rewards. All resources are abused by this 47%, they call the police at the drop of a hat and the decent neighborhoods never see their local police. Ambulance is called for everything and we pick up the bill. Everything is handed to this 47%, the "why work when checks come in the mail" mentality is now the standard. These 47% aren't looking for jobs, why should they when we, the taxpayers, have +30% of our wages appropriated to ensure they never have to lift a finger except to have a drink or commit a crime against the hands that feed them. Worse part is that they're proud of this lifestyle. We the tax payers are the jokes and suckers to the 47%.

11. Averageman

Averageman

Yes it is about Character, you misinterpeted Mitt's comments about the 47% in a way that made him sound uncaring to the poor.
    I clearly proved you wrong, so them you start in on Mitts contributions to Charity, and you complained these were Tith's to the Morman Church, caught you there, dozens of charities. Then you bring up birth certificates, playing the race card. That didn't work.
    Then I posted news articles, some even showing that Romney has dontated 50 Million in 20 years to many different charities.
    And I am using a strawman argument?
    let me direct you here,.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_proposal
    When faced with fact you change the subject and try another tact.
    You Sir, not I used the Strawman.

12. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

All these Romney this, Romney that threads on a gun forum no less.

There are more liberals here than in real life and I live in a Blue State.

No one I know is wasting their vote going third party.

Usually it does not matter when you vote but sometimes it does.

If McCain had won we would not have Obamacare.

Yep taxes are going up. If you have good health insurance in a few years it will be hit with a 42% tax; goodbye company provided coverage.

A lot of people work only for good health insurance and without that incentive will not work anymore.

A lot of health professionals are retiring if Obama wins. A lot of taxpayers are retiring too. Good luck with the mooching.

13. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Ok people, here's a quiz:

What stinks and rhymes with Mitt? :whistling:

14. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

The news media brainwashing - “Obama is GOD, Romney is Mitt”

15. engineer151515

engineer151515

Really? You're facing 16 TRILLION dollars of debt on your way to 20 TRILLION (which your children and grandchildren will be paying) and this is what you come up with?

How about this quiz. Guess what your US dollar is going to be worth in 4 more years under a Democrat budget-less spending policy? It rhymes with Mitt too.

http://usdebt.kleptocracy.us/

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  16. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

I got a better quiz. Tell me how (if at all) Mittens is going to improve this debt situation.

17. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

So let's parse this out. First you dismiss Romney's donations as being motivated only because of the tax deductions gained, then you turn around and dismiss Romney if he doesn't take the full deductions granted by the donations.

Your argument is incoherent.

18. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

47% of the USA's population is roughly 147,792,068.7 people, give or take a few thousand either way.

By the way, romney was spot on correct as pretty much 147,792,068.7 people actually do receive some kind of governmental financial assistance. Seems unbelievable huh? Yeah, but it is true. Go look for yourself and stop depending on the hype of the news media and political whores that insist the left or right is so much better than the other side.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am registered to certain party affiliation due to living in Florida, but I do not vote party lines.

(ETA: Some economists and accountants total the percentage receiving assistance as closer to 49%.)

19. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

How will Obama improve it?

20. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

1.) Rolling back some of the Obama Regime's first term regulation blizzard.

2.) Internalizing as much of our BTU load as possible - this move would likely create several hundred thousand direct and indirect job - jobs with great pay as well.

3.) Tax credits and deductions to small business would help with UE and quickly as well.