close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mississippi's prison rate 2nd nationally

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by NRA_guy, Jun 20, 2008.

1. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    Am I the only one who thniks the solution to high black incarceration rate is for black folks to stop committing crime?

That seems like a simple solution to me.

2. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. You committed a felony and got sent to prison? Tough ****. I hear Parchman sucks this time of year.

3. Sundog

Sundog Thread Killer

Parchman sucks any time of year, but particularly in the summer.

Off topic, but do they still have the Parchman rodeo in September?

4. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Jun 14, 2005
    Tulsa
    ya'll are paying more in taxes to keep the guy in jail than it would cost to buy him a house.

hope you ENJOY your purchase. i think you have odd tastes in luxuries, myself.

5. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    But with him in the bog house, he isn't breaking into MY house. Don't get me started on prison stays though. I am a proponent for expansion of the death penalty for all sorts of things!

6. swatmed4

swatmed4

Jun 20, 2006
    Batesville, MS
    Well the prison used to support itself. They made them work on the farms and such. That is till the DAMN LIBERALS got involved. Now we must support them. It is BULL&*^%. It does not hurt them to work. Maybe if they worked on the outside they would not be in jail. Prison should not be a place where they get cable TV and weights. They should not want to go back. I not saying to abuse them but some hard work will not hurt either.

7. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    So, do you want us to turn all the criminals loose?

Or are you suggesting that we just execute most of them? (I could go for that.)

Maybe we could just deport them to your state . . . maybe buy them a house in YOUR neighborhood.

Here's an example from today's local paper on why we need to lock them up and keep them locked up:

8. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi
  9. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    The next day they found another person (a man) nearby that the guy had shot and killed.

Our problem is not that we have too many punks in prison.

Our problem is that we don't have enough punks in prison and we don't keep them there long enough and we make their stay in prison too pleasant.