close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Miracle caught on tape.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

2. Roering

Roering
    Expand Collapse
    Sorting nuts

Windows were still closed when they pulled the car out.

OK. If she just passed through the window/car/whatever without anything opening survey says miracle.

But....

A door could have opened and then at some point closed again while being pulled out.

Hard to say for sure. I'd be interested to hear from the woman inside regarding what she perceived as happening.

What did you notice?

#2 Roering, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  3. TN.Frank

TN.Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Glock4Life

There are Miracles going on around us all the time, everyday, hundreds maybe thousands of times a day. We just don't notice because we don't see anything happen.
    When you're getting ready to go to the store and an old friend that you've not talked to in months calls and you sit and talk for a few minutes then go to the store only to find out that someone had ran a stop sign a few minutes before at the intersection where you would have been had they not called, that was a Miracle. You just won't notice it because nothing took place out of the ordinary when really, it did.

#3 TN.Frank, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  4. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

Very well could have been a miracle, or she could have hit a window up button while flailing during her egress.

5. Norske

Norske
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Two possibilities.

First, notice her windshield wipers kept going. She had power for quite some time before the car went all the way under.

(1) Opened window, she gets out, hits "close" button on way out.

(2) By the time she got out, the car was completely under. Which probably means there was water on both sides of her door, pressure equalized, so it could now open. Then close again after she got out. That would not have required any electricity at that point.

Not a miracle.

6. Roering

Roering
    Expand Collapse
    Sorting nuts

You really think that car had a "close" button for the window? Not exactly standard on a early model POS Norske.

7. Roering

Roering
    Expand Collapse
    Sorting nuts

Is it just me or does it look like she is able to stand on something when "swimming" back to the car just for a moment. If the door was opened she may have been able to stand on it. Could explain what I think I'm seeing.

/Would love to hear from her what happened.

8. MadMonkey

MadMonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Spershul Furces

What if an old friend you haven't talked to for months calls right when you're leaving for the store, and then someone runs a stop sign and kills you because the friend made you late? :whistling:

9. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX
    Expand Collapse

It's not a miracle. It's a test. God was testing her swimming abilities.

Watch mythbusters episode about car under water. She opened the door and got out when the pressure was equalized.

The only thing I agree is that according to Darwinism she should of been dead. But then god sent her angles to save her blah, blah, blah.

#9 G23Gen4TX, Apr 11, 2012
  10. lomfs24

lomfs24
    Expand Collapse

Number 1 doesn't seem possible. Cars tend to have auto down buttons that you only hit once but typically don't have auto up button you only hit once. IMHO, option one is right out.

Number two though, this is what we are trained in with swift water rescue. The top side of the car is relatively air tight, some air will leak out slowly but it takes time. The bottom of the car though, with holes in the firewall and floor boards is not water tight. Engine weight pulls the nose of the car down as you all saw. The cab begins to slowly fill with water and the car slowly sinks...as we observed. The level of the water will be, not even with, but pretty close to the level of the water outside. After the car sinks the water in the cab continues to rise. At some point the pressure differences are close enough to get the door open, the guy reaches in, feels her and pulls her to safety. With all those people thrashing around the door get's kicked and closes. Or, as the tow truck is pulling the car from the water the car is being pulled forward. The water on the door as it get's pulled forward causes the door to close.

No miracle here, just some heroic efforts of bystanders. Hat's off to those guys, they put themselves in a position that many trained rescuers dread.

11. TN.Frank

TN.Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Glock4Life

UnMiracle?:dunno:

12. lomfs24

lomfs24
    Expand Collapse

This is nearly the true story of my cousin. He was a self proclaimed, self taught "Chemist" as well as an alcoholic. What that really means is that he drank a lot and made his own drugs. One day he decided that he needed to clean his life up. He quit drinking, got himself cleaned up from the drugs as beginning to rejoin society when he stepped of the curb in downtown Salt Lake City and BAM! got hit by a truck. Literally, got hit by a truck.

If he had still been drunk and stoned in his basement he wouldn't have been hit by a truck.

13. G23Gen4TX

G23Gen4TX
    Expand Collapse

Did you NOT see Jesus come out of the tail pipe as they pulled the car out? He was under water with her and made her go through the window.

14. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

In the Old Testament miracles were pretty impressive... parting a sea, holding the sun and moon in place, raising the dead. Today everything from healing from a disease while being aggressively treated by modern medicine to finding lost car keys after praying (that's actually from an older thread) is considered a miracle.

It seems that the standard for "miracle" has really been lowered.

-ArtificialGrape

15. lomfs24

lomfs24
    Expand Collapse

In all fairness, I did see a little spurt of water moments before she was drug from the water. I just assumed that was the rest of the air escaping from the cab as the door was opened. BUT it could have been Jesus himself. :wavey:

16. ksg0245

ksg0245
    Expand Collapse

Just a data point, my '88 BMW has auto up windows. My 2012 Dodge only has auto down.

17. MadMonkey

MadMonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Spershul Furces

Ouch... that has a Cop & the Anthem feel to it :shocked:

18. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne
    Expand Collapse
    Epic mustache
    Millennium Member

I don't see a miracle just a brave rescue, why would god save one and let others die in horrible accidents:dunno:

19. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

It wasn't her time. The Lord has a plan for her life something she needs to do or something God wants her to do.

20. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

double tap

#20 Vic Hays, Apr 11, 2012