close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mini CD drives on notebooks?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by gwalchmai, May 25, 2005.

1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Are y'all aware of any notebooks that have drives which will only read Mini CDs? I just got a request from an employee who says his client can only read Minis. I've not seen any PC setup this way. Seems that a full size CD drive isn't that large.

2. greenlead

greenlead

Jul 30, 2004
    NE Indiana
    Some sortof special Iomega drive, perhaps???

3. Toyman

Toyman

May 6, 2003
    West Michigan
    I've never heard of one before. Perhaps he's using a camera that uses Mini-CD's as a drive via USB? I would ask more questions of him.

Is the real issue here whether you want to purchase/provide these CD's to the employee?

4. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Yep, I plan to.

No. The cost is trivial and we can burn the Minis in a regular CDRW. I was just curious as to whether any notebook vendor would make such a limiting configuration. Software installs would be a real trip.

5. When mini CD's first came out there were some mini CD only drvices.Most of these unique drives were discontinued in 2002.

6. OOO Sony has a new external mini disk drive now they are pushing for notebooks.It burns and plays MD's to 1gig and mini CD's to 305Mb.

7. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Do you have a link to this?