close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Milt Sparks SSII vs Tucker Gunleather Cover up plus

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by pikemaster11, Jun 29, 2012.

1. pikemaster11

pikemaster11

Jun 15, 2012
    KC Area
    I just bought a gen4 26 and have been looking at iwb holsters. I am leaning towards starting out with a higher quality holster and the two that have caught my eye are the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 (in stock at Brownells) and Tucker Gunleather's Cover up plus. I have thought about kydex holsters, but have read leather is more comfortable. Any thoughts or experiences with these two holsters or suggestions for others would be appreciated.

2. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    Welcome to the Forum!

The Summer Special is a great holster. I carried a S&W 686 in one for a while. Especially nice if you have to wear it agains bear skin sometimes.

I was looking at the Beretta Forum and they found a source similar to Milt Sparks that makes a copy of the VersaMax II.
    http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=87063&highlight=Tueller

That's a really comfortable holster but the wait is long. This guy Tueller makes a good copy of the VMII and the wait is much shorter.
    http://www.tuellerholsters.com/default.html

It might be a lot of leather for the G26 but I bet it'd be comfortable.

Dave

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012

3. I carry my 26 in a Milt Sparks SS2 and forget I have it on. It's the best holster I've ever owned!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Ive been through several holsters with my G30, trying to find a comfortable fit. I've tried a Don Hume, Galco, DeSantis, White Hat, and Crossbreed Supertuck. While the Supertuck was the most comfortable of the group, it just wasn't comfortable for me for all-day carrying. I've since bought a Remora, and so far it's filled the void. Fabric, not Kydex. No clips, and stays tucked. I'm pretty impressed for a "basic" holster, and at $30, very satisfied. I came close to buying one of the Milt Sparks, but it was a bit pricey, and the style I was looking at had a long lead time.

5. gpsman

gpsman

Dec 2, 2011
    I use a Garrett Silent Thunder for my Glock 26. They are Kydex with a leather lining.
    I also recommend the Dale Frickie Kydex holsters.
    Buy once, cry on e.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    Holsters can be as addictive as guns.

I definitely own more holsters than pistols. :supergrin:

Dave

7. Golddog

Golddog

Nov 26, 2003
    Parkton, MD
    I didn't find the Sparks SS particularly comfortable with my S&W Model 66 revolver, and I found the VersaMax to be much too bulky.

My Crossbreed Kydex/leather back and Comp-Tac Kydex/leather back are both very comfortable with my CZ semi-autos, and I loved the Comp-Tac model when I used one for a Glock 26. My HBE leather IWB is a work of art and a masterful piece of carry equipment as well..

The Remora seems a limited, special use holster to me, and I rarely use it.

Of the dozens of IWB's I've tried over the years, the Crossbreed, Comp-Tac, and HBE are far and away the most comfortable, concealable, and easy to access.

8. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    I really want to try the Milt Sparks VMII...

9. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Dec 25, 2010
    Umm, Earth!
    Just take a look at comp-tac before you do.

10. Cowboy1629

Cowboy1629

Sep 15, 2010
    Indiana
  11. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  12. 153

Dec 31, 2011
    I bought the Sparks SS II (from Brownells) for my G26, Ok enough for comfort, but it kept moving around. Once after sitting for a time, I found it nearly parallel with my belt. I now use a DeSantis mini scabbard, its OWB, a bit less concealable but more comfortable - for me!

13. gusbuster

gusbuster

Aug 9, 2009
    FL
    I bought a Milt Sparks VM II for my 19 & 26, but ended up using a Alabama Holster Co 360 in appendix carry, I made it ride a little lower right at the belt line. I use compact size for my subcompacts as well, because it stabilizes the gun a little better. I have had several occasions when someone has bumped into me right in the area where I would carry strong side behind the hip, I sure was glad I had my gun up front where I could protect it better. It is very quick and easy to draw, even if you are on your back.:embarassed:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  14. Milt Sparks..very nice, but.....VERY pricey.but You maybe paying more for the name.