close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Military surplus firearms forum?

Discussion in 'Clubhouse Office' started by Gary42141, May 13, 2004.

1. Gary42141

Gary42141

Jan 20, 2004
    Kentucky
    Would anyone support one being created here?

I know...the last thing we need is another forum, right? ;f

I think it'd be a good idea though, since I know there are some MilSurp owners around here, and it seems threads pertaining to MilSurp firearms wind up in a few different forums.

Anyway....just a thought.

2. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    I kinda like the idea, Gary. Sure, there's plenty of Makarov & Mauser forums, but a catch-all MilSurp forum here might be nice. We could debate the relative merits of Schmidt-Rubins and Arisakas. ;)

3. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    NV
    Another vote for a milsurp rifle forum. We need a support group to talk about our addiction and our latest purchases.;a

4. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart Millennium Member CLM

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Gary, I'm going to move this to the Clubhouse Office. When you get to 50 votes, send me a message and I'll get it going for you. :)

If you want to draw attention to the thread in the Clubhouse Office, add a link to your sig line.

5. 22/45

22/45 Snail Driver

Oct 30, 2001
    NC
    Count me in! I couldn't decide whether to post about my new M44's in Non-Glock or The K Klub.

6. kf4zra

kf4zra I miss ya Murph

Aug 15, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    i have 4 handguns, all of which are modern, but all of my long guns are milsurp.

count me in as a vote for a milsurp forum.

John

7. Gary42141

Gary42141

Jan 20, 2004
    Kentucky
    Thanks for putting it in a high-traffic area.

8. Patricia

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    You're welcome Gary. This is where such requests belong.

9. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Oregon..
    I like the idea, consider the a yea for the forum

10. Patricia

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    So, is that a no on my offer to help edit your sig line to draw more attention to this thread?

11. Gary42141

Gary42141

Jan 20, 2004
    Kentucky
    I know how to edit my signature.

Additionally, you mentioned that you moved it here because "this is where such requests belong", even though I'd made no requests of you. I'd simply started a thread in what I believed and still believe was the appropriate place in order to gauge whether or not there was sufficient support for such a forum.

You felt a need to move it here, and then to tell me how I can draw attention to it. If it hadn't been moved, there'd have been no need to jump through any hoops to draw attention to it.

At this point, I'd simply delete this thread if I could, but unfortunately we're unable to delete our own threads. So, do whatever you want to do.

12. Patricia

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Gary, I was not responding to a request from you. The description for this forum, the Clubhouse Office, tells the procedure for asking for new clubs. I moved your thread here because this is where it belongs. That is what I was referring to. If there are 50 votes counted for this, someone needs to contact me and let me know so I can add it.

"This forum is where all Clubhouse-related information can be posted. This is also the place to post a message if you would like to create a new club. Remember, a new club must have at least fifty members signed up before its forum is created."

13. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    NV
    I was looking for this thread, but couldn't find it. Then I realized it was moved here, where nobody ever looks. I doubt anybody will vote for a new club if they don't know about it.

14. Patricia

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Look through this forum. Almost every club here was formed because people voted in this forum. Look at the CA one. They got 50 votes in record time and I don't recall seeing it posted it another forum.

15. 22/45

22/45 Snail Driver

Oct 30, 2001
    NC
    Well, that's 10 or 11 votes, depending on whether or not sharpshooter's post is a vote or not :)

The idea will get more visibility if you link to it in your signatures, like I have done. I feel sure there's enough interest.