close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mike @ SwampFox

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by G29SF, Nov 13, 2011.

1. G29SF

G29SF

Oct 24, 2011
    Highland, IL
    Has anyone heard from mudrush lately? I have sent a few emails but haven't heard back from him. Don't know if he is having email issues or if he is just really busy. He normally responds to email though...

2. rcd567

rcd567

Feb 5, 2011
    Near Glenwood, Iowa
    Rumor is that one of his competitors hung him upside down by his ankles in his shop. But don't worry, his new hired man will be in tomorrow, find him and cut him down.
    :tongueout:

I'm just bored and thought I'd add a little adventure into the ole 10 ring.

3. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    I was thinking the same thing...he has been absent lately

4. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    I exchanged a few emails with him. But, that was about two weeks ago.

5. G29SF

G29SF

Oct 24, 2011
    Highland, IL
    mudrush posted that his new man didn't work out and did not start working for him.

I don't know if he is more busy than usual, however he has always answered email pretty quickly (day or two). I haven't heard from him in two weeks.

6. taxmann2

taxmann2

Sep 6, 2006
    I have emailed as well, with no response. I hope all is ok.

7. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

He must be with 21carrier cooking up some new loads. I haven't seen him on here in awhile either

8. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    I'm sure he's around somewhere.... people have lives outside of this forum, believe it or not. LOL.... (i guess I say this every time I have to take a hiatus of my own... hehe)

9. G29SF

G29SF

Oct 24, 2011
    Highland, IL
    I was asking because I (a Swamp Fox customer) have been unable to get a hold of him through the normal channels. (Email, his website "contact us" page, etc.)

Not expecting him to live on this forum...

In other words, I was asking if anyone has been in contact with him lately as a customer and was able to get a hold of him.

10. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Understood, 10/4

11. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    If you use the forum's "Search" feature, you can look him up by his username (mudrush) and see when his last post was.
    Here ya' go (did it for ya')
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=9143295

It looks like he was last here around 10/31/11.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  12. dryfly

dryfly Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2009
    White Mountains NH
  13. peterj

peterj

Jan 4, 2010
    I placed an order with him 3 weeks ago for several hundred dollars worth. Have not heard a word about my order other than "processed" and no response to e-mail.

He hasn't posted here for 2 weeks after being pretty regular and has admitted to having struggles with his business.

I'll give him another day to respond before I request a refund.

14. Mike makes specific ammo in batches by type. He probably hasn't got to your batch yet. Mine took close to a month.but I knew his operating plan. read the web site.

If you need stuff in a hurry, this may not be acceptable

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  15. G29SF

G29SF

Oct 24, 2011
    Highland, IL
    I have ordered from him in the past and am familiar with the latency. What is troubling is the non-repsonse to email. In the past he always responded to give an order update.

My situation is a little unique and don't want to get into details. It is the lack of repsonse (over two weeks for me now) that is problematic.

My intent on this thread was not to see where he is on this forum. I get the whole search thing... but I am not looking for him here. My question was for those currently doing business with him... and if you were in contact with him. I don't want to air any dirty laundry. Was just trying to figure out if there was something that happend that would explain the "disappearance". At this point I don't know if his email is down, he had a family emergency, etc. Just don't know.

16. ColGlocker

ColGlocker

Sep 25, 2011
    Sure hope he is ok. Hopefully went hunting with his ammo. :super grin:

I just recently got my order, maybe three weeks ago. The stuff is hot.

17. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    Im leaning towards the whole hunting trip thing...that is about all that can explain it. Any other situation and he would have his blackberry with him that he uses to answer emails...

18. G29SF

G29SF

Oct 24, 2011
    Highland, IL

I never thought about hunting until you guys started mentioning it in this thread. (Which is really funny because I have been getting ready for deer season myself...) Makes sense. I hope that is the case.

Gotta be tough running a business by yourself and have some sort of life outside the business.

19. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    From what I've seen of him on this forum, I believe that he is a very honest individual. I understand that from your perspective, it can be kind of scarey waiting to see if you will be given a date for your backorder to be delivered or some bad news on your credit card.
    My suggestion is to have some faith in him and give it a little more time.
    Besides, have you checked with your credit card company to see if he ran a charge yet? Most companies don't charge until a backorder is sent out.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011