close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

might trade for a Mossberg 500 tactical..thoughts?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by geofri, Feb 17, 2010.

1. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    Hey guys,

There is a fellow that lives in Michigan, who is interested in some of the snakes I am selling, and we might work out a trade.

Iv'e been wanting to get my foot in the tacticool door:cool:, and he offered a brand new Mossberg 500 tactical.

I looked around on GB, but prices were all over, and if i'm not mistaken, generally guns are overpriced there anyway?

I'm guessing the gun is worth somewhere around $300-350? :dunno:

ETA: [​IMG]

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. Reswob

Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    VA
    $350 + whatever the M4 stock is worth to you. Personally I'd rather have a speedfeed.

3. geofri

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    Thanks.

I really am not crazy about the m4 stock..i don't think id pay extra for it if i had the chance.

4. If it is the original stock then its ATI crap that isn't worth anything.

5. geofri

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    actually, just got a picture from the fellow,

*photo moved to OP*

so its not quite so exciting..

I tried looking it up "500 tactical" as he called it, and when i looked it up on mossberg's site it had the heat shield and the m4 stock, and a shorter shell tube.

It looks like a mosbberg 500 persuader/cruiser(?)

Any idea what its worth? still around $350?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  6. geofri

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
  7. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    It is a tactical model, just not one of the super fancy ones. Looks like a 20" barrel with 8+1 capacity. Local stores here sell it for around $330. Trade value would be $350.

8. Minnow

Minnow

Jan 13, 2006
    Techas
    How is trade value going to be more than retail cost? :dunno:

9. Go with the standard butt stock, replace the pistol grip as one cannot reach the safety on a Mossberg when using a pistol grip.

With the long magazine one cannot use/find anything but a slug barrel and a open choke barrel.

10. geofri

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    Ive got a 500ab with has a adjustable choke for hunting, so i'm not worried about an open choke barrel.

turns out it does come with a standard butt stock. The pistol grip is is just a pistol grip, not a butt stock with pistol grip.

11. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

Jan 19, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    i would say that gun in the picture is worth around $300. I saw a bunch of those same guns at a gun show last weekend. Of course you would have to include the background checks and transfer fees so $350 isn't too crazy. Anymore than $350 and i'd say your getting suckered. I actually picked up a mossberg 500 mariner for $400 at that same show. with the fees and background checks i paid $440 out the door.

good luck man

12. geofri

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.

Nice, I love the mariner!

thanks for the help guys.

We talked on the phone today, and have a trade set. I think ill make out pretty good. Wont say anything till i have it thought