close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Might have left my portable in a traded vehicle!

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by fireguy129, Apr 17, 2005.

1. fireguy129

fireguy129
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member 2008

Traded my ranger yesterday for a family car. Cleaned everything out with no problems. Get a call last night, quick scan through the house reveals no radio. Hmmmm. Last place I had it was in my truck. Once before I thought it was gone, but found it under the center of the front seat. Seems when I lay it on the transmission hump and slide the seat forward for my gear, the seat drags it back under. Dealership is closed today, so I have to call there bright and early tomorrow. Hopefully its still there. If not the conversation with the chief should be fairly interesting.

2. Firefighter631

Firefighter631
    Expand Collapse
    Bamboozled

Just remember the easiest way to start the letter to the Chief is....

Dear Chief,

Much has transpired since we last spoke........

All kidding aside, I think that everyone has left some piece of equipment somewhere. I seem to recall leaving a Minitor on the running board of an engine one time.

3. Tvov

Tvov
    Expand Collapse

Hope you find it. It is one thing to lose / damage equipment at a scene, but when it happens on your own time you are in for some ribbing from everyone at the firehouse.

4. fireguy129

fireguy129
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member 2008

Well, thankfully they found it once I called up there. Quick 40 minute drive and its back in possession. Just gives you that funny feeling in your stomach when you realize where it might be.