Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Might buy Glock in CA

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by smk, Dec 10, 2012.

1. smk

Dec 8, 2012
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, and am seriously contemplating buying a Glock 23 or 27. My girlfriend liked the Glocks, which is who would be shooting it more than me, but I had a small issue with the grip of the gun. While I know Glock has a stellar reputation as a gun, the one I picked up just didn't feel right in my hand. I was still thinking about buying it for her, but I would like to enjoy shooting it as well. The main issue was that my fingers didn't settle right in the grooves, but even after adjusting my grip, it didn't feel "right". I was wondering if maybe a slip on grip might help. I really want my girlfriend to get into shooting with me, and if she chooses the Glock as her first handgun, I will be more than happy with it either way. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue with the grip and how they solved it.

2. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004

I'd ask your question in General Glocking for some quick responses.

3. While I love my Glocks, I have other handguns as well. Go to a gun store and check out a bunch of them and buy what you like. Check out revolvers as well. A good .357 magnum revolver that shoots .38 special as well can be a good starting gun.
  4. smk

Dec 8, 2012
    Thanks for the tip Bac1023, I will do just that.

Minnshooter, we have gone to gun shops, and that's how I know she likes it and I am so-so about the grip. I have a Sig SP2022, which I love, but it is a bit too big for concealed carry, which my boss has decided to allow on our jobsite (rough area, many hours working alone or two people). That is the reason I was looking at the 27, but wasn't too sold on the grip. My girlfriend liked the 23, so I may end up with that, and possibly the 27, would buying two more guns really be a bad thing!?
  5. smk

Dec 8, 2012
    Also, in case anyone wants to know if I am stuck on the idea of the .40 cal, I have read the 9mm conversion is not too expensive, so I will be looking into that if my girlfriend wants a little less recoil and snap. Hoping to got shoot them in next week or two.
  6. Welcome to teh forum!
  7. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
  8. jph02

Jun 10, 2012
    My advice is you want to be comfortable with the gun you're going to carry. My EDC is a Glock 22. I'm not that big a guy, but I'm happy with both the .40 cal and the full size Glock.
  9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit