close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Midwest Industries Gen2 SS Handguard Review

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by plouffedaddy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've had the Midwest Industries Gen2 SS series handguard on my AR for about 6 months so far and figured I'd do a product review since there seems to be a lot of questions out there about these rails.

Pros:
    -Lightweight (7''-7.1oz, 9''-8.3oz, 10''-8.6oz, 12''-9.3oz, 15''-10.9oz)
    -Made of 6061 anodized aluminum. The anodizing is holding up well so far.
    -Made in the USA.
    -The narrow profile helps you really "grab on" to the handguard and stabilize the rifle.
    -Comes with 3 2.5'' rail sections for mounting whatever toys you have in mind. One of the rails has an anti-rotation QD socket for sling mounting. There's also a bipod stud that comes with the rail.
    -Comes in OD green, FDE, and black.
    -A barrel wrench is included (not the best but it is functional).
    -The slots in the rail allow for good barrel cooling. The holes just below the rail also help the gas tube cool.
    -The anti-rotational system works as advertised (better explanation/visualization in the video).
    -The rail sections are contoured to the shape of the rail and mount flush so there's less chance of snagging.

Cons:
    -The barrel nut has to be replaced. I don't think it's a big deal but it's just an extra step vs some competitors out there.

Here's the video review with a little shooting and a discussion/demonstration of the rails' properties:

[ame]http://youtu.be/T6EVazuy6tU[/ame]

2. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Plouffedaddy, Another excellent and informative video. Thanks for sharing.

3. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

I've had a couple of MI free float rails and I am very pleased with the quality of the product. I would buy from MI again.

[​IMG]

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Very nice,.....may look into one for a 9mm pistol/SBR

Thanks for the great review......:supergrin: