close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Midnight surprise

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DaneA, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Adjuster

Adjuster

What the heck happened to this thread? Get it back on track OP. Tell us what happened to the guy. Did they charge him with anything? Thats got to make for an uncomfortable situation among neighbors.

2. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Eh, drunks will be drunks. No harm, no foul. You left your door unlocked in an apt building? Come on, he owes you a case to square up, and y'all can laugh about it for years.

(He should maybe probably do her laundry for the bedsheets there too, if she wants... I'd offer to do so if I was the wayward celebrant. There's an etiquette to such things, you know.) :whistling:

He's damn lucky no-one was home when he stumbled in, though... That would make for an awkward situation all right...

3. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

When my wife and I were first married, the apartment complex we lived at was pretty nice; gated with a guard, I worked a lot and it gave my wife peace.

On a Sunday night at about 11:30 p.m., we had a couple show up trying to get in. They were using their key. I went to the door, with my sawed off shotgun, looked through the peep hole; they were both looking for their keys. I opened the door, scared the crap out of them because they were not expecting anyone to be in their apartment. Turned out they were on the wrong floor. Then they wanted to come in and have a few more drinks with me woman and I. She was HOT too!! :rofl:

He brought me a bottle of wine a couple of days later and apologized for being intrusive. :supergrin:

:wavey:

red

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  4. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I had a 4am suprise last night too.

Woke up from a dead to the sound of the front door knob being rattled. I sat straight up, grabbed my glock and went down to the front door and nothing was there. I checked everything, doors locked, nothing a miss, and alarm did not trip. I shrugged, assumed I dreamt the rattle, and then went back to bed.

This morning getting the kids ready, I poked my head out the front door and I noticed wet foot marks on my concrete step. I never rained so it had to be someone who walked across the lawn, tracking thru early morning dew soaked grass, and avoiding walking up my driveway and concrete sidewalks and walkways.

Let's just say the Defcon level has change in my household.

5. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

While I can't speak for others, I can give you my own personal reasoning.

If there is/were to be trouble......of any kind, I would rather know exactly where my firearm is than to have to go running off to fetch it, if it were to be needed. Sort of the same reasoning behind carrying my spare tire with me in the car...........instead of leaving it at home. No good/use if you don't have it handy.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that if I open the door.... I'm automatically going to start shooting at someone? Might be the UPS man running late with my HO HO's, ya know? But if not and it is some bad guy, what's the problem with being ready? If it's a "good guy", they'll never know I'm armed, I promise. They'll not have to wet their pants for naught.

6. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I understand.

My phone nor my doorbell is a crying baby. Neither needs to be answered when I don't feel like it.

Same with call waiting.............let 'em wait, eh?

7. Chaos88

Chaos88

I answer the door with a pistol behind my back regardless the time of day or night. Never know who's knockin. If somebody shady is there close the door and make the call.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

This! ^^^^

Get the gun FIRST, THEN go to the door, not the other way around. Better yet, don't go 'get it', just carry at home or keep it instantly accessible.

9. just a shooter

just a shooter

unless your door is unusually strong, you place a lot of faith in a few scraps of wood and thin metal.

as a police officer I can say nothing good happens after 10pm, and bad, bad things happen after midnight.:whistling:

10. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

I will answer the door at mid day with my Glock, keeps the riff raff away! :rofl:

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

I don't even like to look out the peephole, the last thing you might see is this:

[​IMG]

12. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

I dunno, I rarely grab a Glock. I usually grab a rifle. :tongueout:

13. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

I wouldn't be too sure. It's a little worrisome that he ended up in the 17 year old girl's bedroom. I am sure he knew that she lived there, and would keep an eye on him.

14. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Who said anything about a Glock? This is what I pictured --[​IMG] :dunno:

15. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

I don't...I grab my Brugger. ;)

16. SVTNate

SVTNate Packers fan

Why would an unloaded revolver be the last thing I see? :supergrin:

17. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Bingo. That is how our M.P.s would pick up a guy who was UA and wanted on charges. Kick it in when it goes dark and you bust him in the head with the door at the same time.

18. 44terryberry

44terryberry

If you think you might need your gun, you better well have it in your hand already

19. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Paranoia would be one reason, another could be that maybe they live in a crime ridden neighborhood that of course would be a rational source for said paranoia. There is being prepared then there is paranoid.

20. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Yea, I saw that, too...but are you SURE there's not one under the hammer right now?