close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mid-Atlantic Arms Collectors Show

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Glockers Club' started by Ramtuff, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Ramtuff

Ramtuff

May 15, 2005
    Glenmoore, PA
    Has anyone ever been to the Mid-Atlantic Arms Collectors Show at the Reading Expo Center? How does it compare to the Valley Forge show?

2. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

Aug 18, 2004
    PA
    I was wondering this myself.Looks like we have to go to find out.

3. Ramtuff

Ramtuff

May 15, 2005
    Glenmoore, PA
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. That's ok though...I like wandering around gun shows.

4. Ramtuff

Ramtuff

May 15, 2005
    Glenmoore, PA
    Here are the dates of the show for anyone else interested...May 19 and 20.

5. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

Aug 18, 2004
    PA
    American Rifleman has April 21 and 22

Greater Reading Expo Center
    570-679-2250

6. Ramtuff

Ramtuff

May 15, 2005
    Glenmoore, PA
    Hmmm, I wonder which dates are right. I found the info on the Mid-Atlantic Arms Collectors website. MAAC I'll shoot them an e-mail and find out for sure.

7. Ramtuff

Ramtuff

May 15, 2005
    Glenmoore, PA
    Ok, I just heard back from MAAC and they said that the May dates are correct.

8. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

Aug 18, 2004
    PA
    So did you ever go?

It's the same show they use to call "the old Builder Square" building.

The new name threw me off.I heard the building was sold to a group of doctors who would turn it into offices.

The show wasn't bad,a few good deals.I walked out empty handed.:sad:

9. Ramtuff

Ramtuff

May 15, 2005
    Glenmoore, PA
    Nope, I didn't go...yet. It's the 19th and 20th of this month. ;) I do plan on going though as it'll only take me 15-20 minutes to get there.

10. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

Aug 18, 2004
    PA
    Your right this one was call the Allentown show I forgot.

11. Ramtuff

Ramtuff

May 15, 2005
    Glenmoore, PA
    I thought about going to the Allentown show this weekend, but decided to pass on it. I just had way too much to do around the house, and I had read on another board that it's not that great of a show...mostly older rifles and whatnot...so I'll check out the Reading show since it's close and then Valley Forge is next month.

12. Ramtuff

Ramtuff

May 15, 2005
    Glenmoore, PA
    I went bright an early this morning. I wasn't too impressed with the show. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Handgun selection wasn't the best, and everything I looked at was overpriced (such as a used 3rd gen G19 for $499...you can buy it new for that price). Rifle wise, decent selection and prices weren't too crazy...no real deals, but most stuff was priced fairly. I came home with a DPMS lower parts kit, Magpul trigger guard, a light and laser (both pressure pad activated) for an AR I'm building. Also picked up a couple holsters for my G26. I didn't get a deal on anything, but the prices on what I bought was inline with what I've seen on-line, and I didn't have to pay for shipping costs.

13. paccw

paccw ARE YOU READY !

Aug 18, 2004
    PA
    I just lost the fuel pump in my work truck and the transmission is slipping.
    SO no guns for me this month since I already spent $1,000 and the trans still needs work.

14. FixedSights

FixedSights

Mar 31, 2001
    NE FL
    The Allentown show is much better than the Reading show. They just brought the Reading show back so it'll take a while before it builds up in size. I heard that a lot of dealers are playing the waiting game with that show.

15. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

May 7, 2000
    Carlisle, PA
    Mid-Atlantic Arms Collectors Show

In my experience, it should be named "Mid-Atlantic Flee Market Show