close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Michigan woman still collecting food stamps after winning $1 million lotter

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 427, Mar 7, 2012.

1. 427

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. windplex

windplex

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk"]"MY EBT " On iTunes by @mrebt & @captnhook_maine - YouTube[/ame]

3. windplex

windplex

"I have bills to pay... I have two houses"

4. The Dying Gaul

The Dying Gaul

I like her justification, "I'm struggling."

I obviously do not understand the criteria for receiving food stamps. One of the IT employees in my office owns 2 homes, multiple cars, and 4 horses. I saw his wife using a food stamp card to buy groceries the other day.

If you can afford to feed and care for 4 horses, screw you, you should not be entitled to free food.

The only thing worse was the meth addicts in front of me at the grocery store using their food stamp card to buy $140 worth of Mountain Dew and Doritos.

5. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

I heard this on FOX News this morning and about choked on my tongue.

I made the mistake of watching the video of the interview with her just now... and I'd like to '*itch slap' her across the yard.

6. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

What may be happening in this case: She is still in her CURRENT qualification period in her food stamp eligibility. When that current period ends, she will have to requalify; at THAT point, the state will re-evaluate her income AND ASSETS. The examiners will probably then not approve her for the next benefit period.

7. windplex

windplex

sounds credible.

our state has very little oversight. mucho abuse of all social programs here to the point we have made millionaires of people for their daycare program who do not actually operate one.

she will likely get dumped due to the national publicity. i hold little hope the state will do more than they have in the past unless mandated by a new law.

8. raven11

raven11

I wasn't mad that she was getting food stamps but the audacity to claim she deserved food stamps was irritating

9. windplex

windplex

you have some nerve; its only $500,000 after taxes!:rofl:

10. windplex

windplex

i posted this video since it represents a number of music videos on the abuse of EBT/food stamp cards. its so pervasive that the rap community are all putting out their own rap on it -- you tube it they all have different takes. same message you can buy anything but drugs with the ebt and you can use anyones ebt.

11. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

It's probably the case, but it's very telling how she still feels like she was owed the money. Going to be interesting later this year when she flushes all the lotto winnings down the toilet.

12. glockfanbob

glockfanbob

Few things. 1) she'll end up broke like she was before. 2) I'm actually surprised she actually bought a modest home and car.

13. The Dying Gaul

The Dying Gaul

I'll give her this, if that's her new car in the video, at least it's practical. I expected to see a Porsche in her driveway.

14. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Your comment is on the money. The REALLY big bucks in welfare fraud go, not the the recipients, but to the organizations providing services to them.

About two years ago, a bunch of bigwigs of the Bonnano crime family in New York got busted for Medicaid fraud. They had a really slick setup, and gained a lot of respect from the other other New York mobs for their creativity.

15. ray9898

ray9898

As above....she will have to re-verify at some point in the near future which will bump her. She will also probably have to pay back benefits received after her situation changed.

16. windplex

windplex

in my state this is how the daycare scam works. you and i are single mothers and likely related. youre "daycare" bills me for watching your kids. my daycare bills you for watching mine. no ones kids actually attends one of these fake daycares.

one person operating a phantom/fraudulous daycare paid $3 million for a home. in this part of the country that is truly a remarkably expensive home. not bad for doing fake paperwork.

once some one qualifies for certain programs that qualification is sufficient to qualify for all assistence programs - rent; heat; unlimited cell phone; day care; food; food banks; toys; clothing; taxi service; and more. oversight seems to be by accident only. when huge scams are uncovered the "public servent" (sometimes involved via kickbacks) is never fired. worst case scenario is they are moved to another "public service department) but moved laterally only after being asked why they werent fired.

17. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

But that is exactly what you get when you allow the government to provide "entitlements"...
    Many believe that they deserve government hand-outs simply because others get them.

Many really have no concept that the government can give to one only what they first take from another (you and I).
    They believe there's simply some magical government money-dispenser to which they are as entitled as anyone else.

That woman isn’t the one to blame, WE are. We’re stupid enough to enable her and others like her.

End welfare; end ALL government entitlements, subsidies, grants, and “benefits”.

18. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

My girfriend is a sonographer. She administers ultrasound testing at a hospital.

Every week she has at least one patient whose treatment is provided at no cost to her, who demands that she be verified pregnant so she can apply for larger "mothers in need" government benefits. Sometimes when testing verifies such patients are not in fact pregnant they become indignant and angry.

19. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Barely enough for birth control.

20. Slug71

Slug71

Kinda how i feel

[ame]http://youtu.be/EEpm5CF0a_c[/ame]