Michigan SB59

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Oso, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Oso

Oso

Please all Michigan CPL holders and supporter visit the following link. Read through the information and if you agree, contact the Senators mentioned and let your voices be heard. This is being sponsored by Michigan Open Carry, but is actually aimed towards all CPL holders, whether you carry open or concealed. This is not an "be all, end all" bill, but is a step in the right direction.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=710075bba75b914b805e1861a&id=27498eb031

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Long Time Glock Owner from SE Michigan Introduction Forum Yesterday at 5:12 AM
    Michigan Officer Shells Out $35,000 For Open Carry Stop The Okie Corral Yesterday at 2:54 AM
    Hey! from Michigan's Upper Peninsula Introduction Forum Jul 22, 2015
    WTS Mint condition Glock 17 Gen 4 plus extras / $500 / FTF SE Michigan Firearms Listings Jul 9, 2015
    GLOCK 27 Gen 3 Package (Michigan) $400 Firearms Listings Jun 22, 2015

3. This is a great bill that I think has a legitiment chance of passing. It's sad that our best chance of passing such a bill, at least as far as PFZs are concerned, is to require even more training! Oh well it's not required to get your CPL unless you want to be exempt from the PFZs but still (of course OC is legal in those places). Overall a great bill that would greatly benefit CPL holders.

#2 xmanhockey7, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  4. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Hope you're right.... However there's been bills set to eliminate PFZs in Michigan for years. Never makes it out of committee let alone pass.

Just sayin..

Worst case, if this doesn't pass, there's SB57, SB58, HB4009, HB4010, hopefully they won't go the way of HB4348, HB4760, HB4759, and the others...

Randy

5. I don't think the other ones included extra training.

6. Oso

Oso

Can't give up. Gotta keep trying

7. Oso

Oso

Being able to carry in PFZs is a big deal for me. I have 4 school age kids and spend a lot of time in PFZs.

8. I live in and go to PFZs everyday (college dorms and classrooms). Problem is they're not preempting colleges so I still wouldn't be able to carry concealed once I got my CPL because the school prohibits firearms on campus.

9. Passed Senate Committee and is now moving to the floor where they're hoping to vote on it by next week!

10. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

It's just waiting for the governor's signature. The CT shooting has him dragging his feet.

11. David_Ely

David_Ely GAP'r

UPDATE! Governor Snyder just vetoed SB-59!

12. Candy *****. He just lost about 300,000 votes in the next election.

13. Not to mention all the people he pissed of with Right-to-Work. He will need those votes come re-election, too bad he pissed them away.

14. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

The only PFZs in VT are schools and post offices. Any adult non-felon is free to CCW = no permits.

#14 SCmasterblaster, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012