close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Michigan court: Being drunk at home with a gun no crime

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HerrGlock, Jan 31, 2013.

1. skew12

skew12

Sep 13, 2012
    That could have gotten ugly. Just imagine the stipulations if that case went the other way.

2. Finally, the law's contours are beginning to get filled in.

3. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    Sounds like common sense to me...

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Notice one thing, the case was thrown out by multiple courts (appeals) on the basis of the 2d amendment. Anyone following gun laws for just about any length of time realizes this is a change in the way the courts are viewing the 2A.

It wasn't fought or won on any state law or federal law outside the 2A, it was a pure 2A defense. I thought that was great.

5. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Michigan court: Being drunk at home with a gun no crime

Bravo!

6. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Aug 13, 2004
    far from home
    That's good, since I store the wine next to the ARs.

Actually, I cannot believe it was necessary to clarify this. Whatever happened to common sense? If I go up to the biker bar, drink the two drinks it takes for me to pass the legal limit, ride home on the back of the designated driver's bike, and we go straight to bed, walking past the gun safe on the way, how the HELL is that supposed to be a crime?

7. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    The American political system (headed by the kenyan) has not finished the King's definition of common sense. So, it is not allowed anywhere in the kingdom.

8. dbcooper

dbcooper

Mar 2, 2011
    Where I'm at I could legally walk around drunk with mine on me. If I fire it while drunk it's illegal with an exception for using it for lawful self defense.

I looked it up after an off duty LEO still in uniform was involved in a fender bender while intoxicated, curious about him being in ppossesion of his sidearm.

9. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Aug 13, 2004
    far from home
    Truth.:crying:

10. That's good, since I always have a pistola in my pocket at home...and I like drinking like Danny Zuko likes Australian whores.

11. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    She's English.