close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Mich SP arrest 87y.o. with 228 lbs of coke in veh.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Oct 26, 2011.

1. ronduke

ronduke

Jan 24, 2007
  2. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    $10,000 bond? Is that the norm for this sort of thing?

3. Sounds like they were going to have a hot time in the nursing home...:rofl:

4. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    That's a really low bond amount if that is the full. At 10% he only has to post $1,000.

Some reasons for low bond could be, no criminal history, no prior violence or low risk of fleeing prosecution, or he could be cooperating with the investigation. Could be a lot of things, who knows....all speculation.

5. Imagine the conversation with the MSP at the time of the stop:

I was just trying to supplement my SSI...or....Hey, wait a minute. This isn't my car!!!....:rofl::rofl:

6. BULLRUNN

BULLRUNN Double Tap

Oct 1, 2001
    Hampton Roads
    Hey Medicaid and Medicare are getting tough with perscriptions.. he was just making a Medicine run because he must have gotten a good deal on dope....

7. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Probably more common than you think. Kind of a variation on using juveniles, except in this case that we (law enforcement) probably don't look twice at a lot of old folks.

8. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Go ask the courts, not us.

9. Based on the article, it seemed the judge had a soft spot (maybe he reminded the judge of his own father/grandfather?) for the old guy and bent over backwards to help him. That probably explains the really, really low bail.

10. In Texas we have had a number of elderly pack mules. Some are pawns, and some are players.

Old people are known to carry drugs, kill police, and do crimes. Many over look them.

11. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I'd say more like low speed of fleeing prosecution, how fast can an 87 year old run anyway? :rofl:

Randy

12. Nick.45

Nick.45

Dec 26, 2007
    Iowa
    I thought you knew everything?

13. efman

efman

May 22, 2005
    georgia
    add poor health in there too, no one (brass for sure) wants an in custody death.

14. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Quoted for the truth. We do get in some old inmates at times, so at least someone is paying attention. It is unfortunate, but older people who may be running out of pension money, and down to social security only may be tempted to do the unthinkable.