Glock Talk banner

Miami gunshow this weekend

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  GlocknSpiehl 
#1 ·
Anyone going?

My 1st time going to one in FL, any bad dealers to watch out for? Any good ones?

#2 ·
I'll be going too. It should be jammed. Lately I haven't found many "deals". Once in a while you'll find a gem but you have to know what you're looking at. I think they're aiming for the ignorant beginner. Lately I'm looking at accessories - mags, holsters, etc. Good luck and bargain hard!:thumbsup:

#3 ·
There is a show in West Palm Beach this weekend (May 26 &17)also.
This tends to split the vendors between the shows.

If you don't find what you want in Miami on Saturday you can always go to the WPB show on Sunday and try your luck.

I will have a table at the WPB show.

Court in FL.

#7 ·
So I can carry my gun as long as it's unloaded. My thing is I don't want to leave it at home or worse in the car. Seems like a likely target for thives who want guns. So can I carry it in the holster on me unloaded. I don't want to be disarmed at the door and have to take it back to my car. Thanks

G
#8 ·
I think I'm going to go this Saturday to the WPB show to try and find a Ruger MKIII and to just look around.

Maybe I'll run into you Court!

I hope someone at the PBC show makes an announcement about the upcoming meeting for the shooting park!

#10 ·
Well, we enjoyed the gun show. Lot of nice stuff there. My buddy bought two AR-15's while there! I just got some small stuff I needed.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Dyno58
Is there CCW allowed at the gun show? Sorry, but I had to ask. Thanks
It's perfectly legal. The signs say no carry, so if they see you have a gun they will ask you to leave and you must do so. It is not against the law.

Of course, you could leave it in your car. I do and don't worry about it.

Florida Gun Exchange had some good deals on guns, much, much cheaper than the other big dealer, Shoot Straight.

The show wasn't crowded, and the aisles were wide.

#15 ·
I went to the Miami Gun Show, and yes it was crowded, but it was the same people with the same overpriced guns there. They had very few used guns for sale and you could go to any local shop and purchase the same gun for less on most days. The GLOCK dealer there is way overpriced. expl= G27 for 659.00, go to a LGS guys table a few rows over and the same gun new in box 619.00. of course you could buy it for that any day of the week he is open. Bottom line i like to go to get out of the house, but have not in 4 trips now made a major purchase at a gun show.

#16 ·
Originally posted by Gmountain
It's perfectly legal. The signs say no carry, so if they see you have a gun they will ask you to leave and you must do so. It is not against the law.

Of course, you could leave it in your car. I do and don't worry about it.

Florida Gun Exchange had some good deals on guns, much, much cheaper than the other big dealer, Shoot Straight.

The show wasn't crowded, and the aisles were wide.
Miami show had metal detectors and they made you unload and run a zip tie thru...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.