Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

MI Hutaree Militia member pleads guilty

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TBO, Dec 21, 2011.

1. smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    His nick name is azzurlin. It should be a**hat or dumb***.:faint:
  2. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    So what crime of violence was he convicted for? So training as a militia is now a crime of violence? Wow I guess just goes to show they will convict you of something even though you did nothing!:whistling:
  3. 1200feather

Apr 22, 2011
    All of your questions can be answered by reading the article.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  4. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile Unreconstructed

Feb 3, 2008
    This oughta put a damper on dissent.
  5. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

If by dissent you mean planning the murders of multiple people, let's hope so.
  6. Andy123

Aug 28, 2004
    NC and GA
    In the end, that is the second greatest form of dissent.
  7. Not sure why this is in the Politics Forum.

Don't forget it was other, nonviolent militia groups who were instrumental in the arrest of this particular group. If people say there are good cops and bad cops, then could the same concept apply to militias? One bad apple certainly does not spoil the whole barrel.
  8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Seditious conspiracy
  9. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Ah I did read the article and saw no violent crime listed- just a guilty plea of having a gun while supposedly commiting a violent crime. Last I read on this they had done nothing of a violent nature. They were planning something, talking about doing something, but never acted on anything. Thats why I asked the question.
  10. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

He was charged with multiple counts of seditious conspiracy, use of certain weapons of mass destruction, knowingly transferring arms used in violent crime and other charges.

He plead to a single charge in a plea agreement.
  11. Pay attention: plead guilty.

I'm sure he'll find some internet lawer who'll tell him how can appeal the conviction.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  12. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Wow seditious conspiracy? I guess we can add that charge to Obamamoa and Holder that's exactly what they did with Fast & Furious!!! Tack in on to the Murder charge!
  13. He plead guilty. That is the conviction. The plea agreement that he signed (and affirmed in court) details the crimes that he is admitting to. The crime of violence was the conspiracy to murder police officers.

Murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit murder are all crimes of violence. In the case of the conspiracy, there was clearly enough evidence that he took affirmative steps in his plot to kill officers that he decided to take the plea.
  14. 1200feather

Apr 22, 2011
    It would be nice to have a discussion about a completely unrelated topic without ranting and raving.

He plead guilty. I'm not sure why you're so quick to defend someone who pleads guilty. If he were perceived by you to be a liberal or a Muslim, you'd be in here chanting for him to be executed :upeyes:
  15. Hyksos

May 15, 2008
    Jupiter/Miami, FL

Read the plea agreement, he waived all rights to appeal. The plea has the factual background, the statute he violated, and all three elements of the statute. That should clear up any confusion about what this man pleaded guilty to.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  16. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Believe me I'm not defending these people -I'm just looking at it from an outside perspective. I remember the original photo op of the weapons - NO bombs or bomb making material. Just guns and ammo. They didn't do any actual acts- just training, talk of doing stuff. We have Muslim's here in our country talking on a daily basis about killing Americans -I don't see them going to prison.:upeyes:
  17. Naelbis

Oct 22, 2009
    There is always one who will cop a plea in exchange for a reduced sentence. Anyone want to bet that his deal was in exchange for testimony against the others?
  18. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    so if somebody plans with another to bomb something or kill a person, thats ok? i think not.

he plead because the evidence presented in a preliminary hearing and the case file his lawyer had upon a discovery hearing would make him look even worse had it gone to trial.