Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Mfs hungarian 9mm ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by November Sunrise, Jun 4, 2010.

1. I picked up a few boxes of the Hungarian made MFS brand 9MM 115gr FMJ ammo from Cabala's some time ago. ( Black and white box with a blue stripe )It was inexpensive ($14.00 / 50). I finally put it through my G19 last night, at least what would fire, and holy crap! This has got to be the worst ammo I have ever used. There were times when I swore I was shooting a black powder handgun with all of the smoke and debris coming out of the barrel. I actually saw sparks at times. Talk about distracting. I had numerous failure to fire situations too. The primer was dented but nothing happened. Once I put them back in the mag and gave them another shot they fired. My gun was a total mess as well. I had more black soot in the frame after this practice round than what I would normally have after shooting ten boxes of Winchester ammo. Maybe I just got a bad batch of ammo but I will not be buying that brand again. As far as accuracy goes, It shot reasonably well at 50 feet. Has anyone else experienced this with this brand?
  2. J_Rico

Aug 17, 2007
    Bought some MFS 45acp a few years ago and it was fine, but yours was not the first complaint I have read about their 9mm.

3. tcruse

Jun 10, 2011
    There seems to be several different types sold under this trade name. The reviews that are bad seem to be the ones with plated stell cases and bi-metal bullets. The version that I have used recently has brass cases and brass shell casing. It seems to be good in G26 and Ruger P95. It seemed to be clean and a little hotter than WWB.
  4. Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    I have used this brand in the past

4 out of a box of fifty would NOT fire despite primer dents.

Put them back in a mag, hit them again, again..again...finally they fire.
  5. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011
    Lamborghinis don't run on coal. :whistling: