close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

metro arms american classic II

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Dubble-Tapper, Dec 21, 2011.

1. i just went in to a LGS with a buddy to watch him trade a mosin nagant and a camo benelli nova for a bnib metro arms american classic II. (yes im serious) we dont really know much about them except i knew they were made in the philipines. the gun looked pretty, everything seemed to be fitted nice, and we cant wait to shoot it.... pretty sure he did alright, he really wanted a 1911.

anyone own one? opinions?

2. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    It's a hell of a nice 1911 in that price range. On mine the slide glides on the frame super slick. The trigger is light & crisp. I did a little tinkering on mine.
    [​IMG]

3. thats a pretty cool one. i did notice that for 500$ range, this gun seemed really well put together compared to the 1000 dollar kimber classic sitting next to it. im really excited to shoot it. i feel bad for my buddy, he works outta town and the pistol is just sitting at the FFL and he wont get it til he comes back into town friday...

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I just got mine yesterday, can't wait to shoot it this weekend. Already on the hunt for a new hammer and trigger.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I like that model quite a bit.

Its in my guide under Firestorm.

6. MajorD

MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    ct fireman- where did those grips come from- nice!

7. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    I like my Metro Arms 1911s.

[​IMG]

Firestorm Gov't DLX Model
    American Classic Trophy (hard chrome)
    American Classic Commander (hard chrome)

8. glockarmor

glockarmor

Oct 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Got one used and after a little tinkering it runs great.. For the money a really nice pistol.

9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    i have the AC Commander.....replaced the magazine catch with one that i fitted myself(the factory one was rediculously sloppy), and havent had a malfunction of any kind since.

10. USAFHG

USAFHG

Dec 25, 2011
    I had a Stainless Commander. It shot really well. It was very well made. If it said Kimber or Springfield on the side you'd never know the difference.