close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MERGED Buyer Intel for Glock Pistols

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by the monk, Nov 28, 2012.

1. CincyBrad

CincyBrad
    Expand Collapse

Next time someone tells you 9mm sucks, show them some expanded HST or Ranger-T loads. Then ask them if they'd like to volunteer to stand in the middle of the range and be your target. You'll even be nice enough to let them pick which of the two brands they'd like you to shoot.

I mean, it's a totally useless round, so they should have no problem with it, right? ;)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Dvo628

Dvo628
    Expand Collapse

I stopped by the LGS yesterday and saw they had raised their prices on Glocks roughly $100 in the last month. They wanted $700 for most Gen4s. Is Glock raising their prices across the board, or is this just another case of a shop taking advantage of the hysteria? G19 mags were going for $60 each, so I bet I know the answer already. Looks like I'll be searching for another place to take my business.

#502 Dvo628, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  3. TxGlock9

TxGlock9
    Expand Collapse

Your intuition was accurate.

4. Glocketarian

Glocketarian
    Expand Collapse

They may be. I was at my local gun store today and they have their glocks for around $625-650. Which seems like the norm around here. They had a really good selection of mags. They were going for $40

5. mist

mist
    Expand Collapse

All of the local stores in my area, southwest Florida, have raised their prices $50 on Glocks. $550 for the Gen 3 and $600 for the Gen 4. Magazine prices vary by model, $40 to $50.

6. Sdk8103

Sdk8103
    Expand Collapse

$599 for G3 and $649 for G4 at a big gun store here.

7. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic
    Expand Collapse

I'd say its a shop raising prices in response to increased demand and dwindling stock.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Benton

Benton
    Expand Collapse

Greedy lowlifes like that don't deserve your business.

9. Jeffrey Lebowski

Jeffrey Lebowski
    Expand Collapse
    Not a golfer

This. They have to keep something in stock. A few shops here have done teh same, the others just have "c" models out.

10. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26
    Expand Collapse

Keep the 27.

11. burttrans

burttrans
    Expand Collapse

I just bought a NIB Glock 26 Gen 3 MADE IN USA gun for $499 at gun show in Iowa. I was happy with price compared to what I have seen in todays market!

12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay
    Expand Collapse

That's a bit steep. I paid $608 (tax included) for a G21 Gen 4 about two weeks ago. It was bought at a local gun shop and this was the first purchase I've made there. They seem like good honest people so I'll be heading back.

We have some gouging here too but I avoid those places now. The main culprit is the largest store with the best local selection. On top of that their customer service isn't that great, at least from my experience. Oh well...I've always been a quality over quantity kind of guy. I've got a new local spot and with those prices maybe you should get one too.

#512 Art Vandelay, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  13. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26
    Expand Collapse

Attended a local gun show yesterday. Prices on both ammo and firearms were definitely higher than last year. Interestingly, the knife prices were also up.

14. bobnfl

bobnfl
    Expand Collapse

I contacted a ffl over in Melborne,Fl and asked his prices on a G17L and a G34 and he sent an email back that his prices are $900 ea. I guess he might be selling them just not to me. I will keep looking until I find someone who still sales glocks at a decent price.

#514 bobnfl, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  15. Ratrod

Ratrod
    Expand Collapse

They are pricing the Glock 34 as much as the XD 9mm Comp.

16. venenoindy

venenoindy
    Expand Collapse

supply and demand.

17. kirbinster

kirbinster
    Expand Collapse

I just bought a Glock G22 gen4 from my local FFL here in NJ for $575 plus tax.

18. WayneJessie

WayneJessie
    Expand Collapse

There's a reason these "greedy lowlifes" are doing this. It's because customer loyalty is non-existant anymore. They know that with the advent of mega-stores selling online for $10-$15 profit on a gun the average customer is not going to buy from them for a higher price. I 've been in business now for 12 years(not the gun business) and I know first hand that the average customer today could not care less what you did for him in the past. If soemone else will undercut your price by $20 they'll leave you high and dry. It's just a fact. Loyalty is a two way street and there's not much of that to be found anywhere anymore. My LGS cannot even buy guns for what some mega-dealers are selling them for retail online. I met my share of customers that were nothing more than lying "greedy lowlifes" as well. The door swings both ways.
    If you feel a dealer is gouging don't do business with him. By the same token, don't expect him to bend over and kiss your feet when you come to handle all of his guns so you can decide if you want to buy one online somewhere else.

19. Jeffrey Lebowski

Jeffrey Lebowski
    Expand Collapse
    Not a golfer

Well put, and I agree. It is why I can't personally get upset about prices changing with supply and demand. Same thing with gas. If prices are all held at decade-old levels, supply is zero.

Likewise, how many of you have gone to [fill in any store] looked at something, then went home to buy on Amazon? I do it all the time IN STORES I'll whip out my phone and check. Did it last night looking at shoes.

That is the flip side of eroding customer service and higher prices. You'll pay those two premiums for instant gratification.

20. 713832281

Expand Collapse
    GLOCK 19

I picked up a 19 this past weekend for 559 not including tax. Here in Houston at various pawn shops or gun stores Ive seen them starting at 629.