close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

MERGED Buyer Intel for Glock Pistols

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by the monk, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Exactly why I went with .40,,seen to many " walk aways" from multiple 9mm wounds,,,If I am going shoot you, you are going to go down and stay down.

2. kelsitone

kelsitone Armed & Safe

Nov 7, 2006
    SW OH

3. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    I would get the G23. Then you can buy G19, G32 barrels and G19 Mags and have 3 guns in one for a hell of a lot cheaper price then buying 3 guns!

4. TomAiello

TomAiello

Jan 8, 2012
    Twin Falls, ID

Is there any real difference between NIBx and EXO? Or is it just brand names?

5. pt6998

pt6998

Jan 30, 2013
    First of all, hello to everybody! :wavey:
    I have been a long time Glocktalk.com reader and finally made an account here. I really enjoy all of the information available on this forum.

Haha, so the title is pretty straight forward. Should I sell my 27 for a 30s?

I have a June 2010 Gen3 Glock 27. It has been flawless. Every shell casing extracts just fine and lands where it is supposed to. I never thought I would part with it until the 30s was announced last month. I have had an itching to go back to the .45 platform after I had a XD .45 Comcpact that I sold to fund my 27 purchase (the XD was just too big). The 30s is just a little bit bigger than the 27 and packs the larger .45ACP round that I like. If I did get the 30s, I would carry it with the nine round flush magazine for easier concealment so capacity between the two would be the same.

My worries.... (if you have a 30s please chime in! :cool:)

I can pocket carry the 27. Not all the time, and with every pants or shorts but I can with a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. I am worried that the 30s will not be as easy to pocket carry. I will use the nine round flush magazine on the 30s so height should not be an issue. The frame width and slide length of the 30s is what I am worried about. If anybody has the 30s and has pocket carried it please respond! I will probably have to wait till a LGS has one in that I can try and pocket carry it in the store to see how it does.

Another worry I have is the occasional issue Glocks have had over the past couple of years. I do not know if the issues were happening when I bought my 27, I just know mine has been running great since day one. I am worried the 30s might have erratic brass ejection, failure to eject, and the "brass to the face" issue some Glocks have had. I feel a lot more confident that the 30s is running fine after watching videos of it shooting online (especially Hickok45s new 30s video).

I know slide and barrel finishes have changed on the newer Glocks. I do not care so much about look as I do function but my 27 looks like it is brand new. Even after being holstered in a Crossbreed Supertuck many times and shot about 1,300 times. How has the newer Glocks held up with holster wear and such?

That's about it. I do not have any LGS that have a range I could shoot a 30s at. I have to base just about everything on the internet. I trust the 30s probably shoots a little less snappier than the 27. I do not care so much about it being a gen3 frame. I plan to put a Talon rubber grip on it anyway (I use the same grip on my 27 now and I like it).

I do not buy many guns and sadly do not have enough money to just buy the 30s and keep the 27. I just want to make sure I do not make a mistake buying 30s.

Thanks in advance for any comments! :faint:

6. I read your comment about needing to sell the 27 in order to get the 30s, but if it were me I'd keep the 27 and start saving my pennies until I could get the 30s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. pt6998

pt6998

Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks for the fast reply GicleeOne!

I would do that but the wife and I just bought a house. I would have a really hard time convincing her to let me buy a new gun without selling one to fund it haha. :crying:

8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Yeah if you like the 27 save up and get the 30s. The 30s is a lot bigger than the 27. I don't have one but had a 30 as well as my 36 for 6 years and did swap slides just to look at. In case it matters to you the 36 has lighter felt recoil than the 27 so the 30s would as well with the wider grip.

9. I agree. You can own more than one gun. If one gun goes down... or if you have to use the gun to defend yourself you may need a second gun.

Save and buy another Glock :supergrin:.

One more item I thought of, it is going to be tough to find a G30S with the current demand on guns.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  10. Sell something else. Spring is coming....Garage sale.

11. Well, after you've been married for 37 yrs. like I have you'll be able to find stealthy ways around the wife's objections.

12. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    I'd keep the 27. Smaller, cheaper ammo and more flexible.

13. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    Then you need to use a .50 caliber rifle. There is little difference in the results of a 9mm, .357 Sig, .40, .45GAP, .45 ACP when fired with good defensive ammunition.

14. I think selling the 27 would be a mistake for many reasons but mainly size and weight. I suggest you wait and handle one next to your 27. if you are reading specs between the two in size and weight don't rely on that. I did that between the 23 and 27. the specs seemed close but having both there is a big difference in handling and carrying between the two. wait and find the money to have both, you'll be glad you did.
    sell the 27 and you will join the ranks of others that post their regret and bought another.

15. This is probably the best advice posted in this thread so far.

16. SGT67

SGT67

Jul 10, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    As a long time G30 owner and now a new G30s owner Id have to say pocket carry is not an option IMHO, not to mention the heavier weight from 45acp vs 40sw. .

17. not to hijack a thread but I think many watching this would be interested on you thoughts between the two.

18. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Jun 15, 2012
    You won't pocket carry the 30s I can guarantee that, you will need a holster (like the crossbreed you mentioned). The 30s is not as snappy as the 27 in the recoil department but it's not a big enough difference to drive a buying decision. I think it would be a mistake to trade. I have reached the conclusion (after shooting the Glock 30s many times) that the guns greatest strength is as a BUG for Glock 21 owners. If you want a only one .45acp Glock then I would get the normal G30 in gen 3 or 4.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  19. kenndapp

kenndapp

May 20, 2012
    amen.

20. danysw

danysw

Jan 14, 2013
    South East Florida
    A good 9mm HP like the Fed HST, the Gold Dot or the Win Ranger when well fired in the right place is more than enough to stop any 6'6 human being.