close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MERGED Buyer Intel for Glock Pistols

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by the monk, Nov 28, 2012.

1. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps I should mention I was buying a blue label but the shop owner made it sound like he didn't have any period, blue label or otherwise

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro
    Expand Collapse

The Glock 19 would be my choice. I would feel just fine carrying a 9mm anywhere. Many people do all over the world and it seems to work just fine for them. Handguns are not the ideal defensive tools but they are better than many others. A 9mm is just as good as a .45 ACP in my book when it comes for self defense. With modern ammo and hollow-points the differences are negligible. The 19 is probably the most carried Glock in the USA.

3. RPVG

RPVG
    Expand Collapse

Negligible? With all due respect, some 9mm rounds won't even expand to .45. A .45 starts out at .45. It creates a much bigger permanent cavity. Et cetera.

And with good reason. It's a great handgun.

#203 RPVG, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  4. JBP55

JBP55
    Expand Collapse

To all the people Brain Washed on the mighty .45 caliber pistol:
    We all know it starts out as a .45 caliber.
    Or a 9mm may expand but a .45 will not shrink?
    Why is this repeated so much by so many .45 owners?
    Yes, I own a .45 pistol and it is not magic.

#204 JBP55, Jan 13, 2013
  5. Ratrod

Ratrod
    Expand Collapse

My LGS just received 2 yesterday and they were in the gun case for sale.

6. RPVG

RPVG
    Expand Collapse

Cuz so many keep insisting there's little, if any, difference between a 9mm and a .45. There IS a difference. That's just plain physics.

Agreed. I think the G19 is one of the finest handguns out there. G26 is a sweet little package, too.

Each caliber has its own strong points and weak points. There's no such thing as a "magic caliber" or else we'd ALL be shooting that. Vive la difference.

7. itisbruno

itisbruno
    Expand Collapse
    Devious Member
    CLM

DUH the 10 is the magic one.

I'm still in the market for an old G30 gen 2.5 or 3 and an older model G19 if anyone runs accross them.

8. cdrshm

cdrshm
    Expand Collapse

I'm planning on selling my Glock 19 4th gen with 2 15rd mags and 1 33rd mag along with a custom iwb holster, but to be honest I'm not sure what to ask? Gun is in great shape! Was purchased new. Anyone have an idea of a good range?

Thanks

Cdrshm

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

9. PattonT

PattonT
    Expand Collapse

Well that is a great question. If you sold it for what you had in it, assuming you didn't pay too much it may sell fast.($600 ?)If you sell it and try to make a profit you will actially be committing a crime if you don't have a ffl. It may be worth more right now then ever, no one has a clue what may happen.

#209 PattonT, Jan 13, 2013
  10. samurairabbi

samurairabbi
    Expand Collapse
    Dungeon Schmuck

Sell the 33-round mag separately. This move will tap into the people in the frenzy who want ONLY that mag.

11. Glock40man

Glock40man
    Expand Collapse

New Gen 4 19s are going for around $600 in my neck of the woods with 3-15 round mags. I'd say you could get anywhere from $500-550.

12. tonyparson

tonyparson
    Expand Collapse

Then I guess 1000 and 1000 of people are committing a crime now days. :dunno:

13. tonyparson

tonyparson
    Expand Collapse

Right now with G19 being sold out just about everywhere you go, the G19 are selling for $600 around here used but in like new condition.

#213 tonyparson, Jan 13, 2013
  14. PattonT

PattonT
    Expand Collapse

I didn't say anything would happen to him, some people just have way too much to loose if that very very slim chance of getting caught at selling to gain a profit. You probably have a better chance of hitting the lottery twice than the ATF coming to see you over selling one gun for a profit.

15. samurairabbi

samurairabbi
    Expand Collapse
    Dungeon Schmuck

The OP cannot.be.demonstrated to have had intent to sell for profit when he originally purchased the gun. He decided to do so well afterwards. That will cover him against all but outrightly malicious prosecution.

16. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

I paid $539 for mine last March brand new. Times have changed in the recent months

17. cdrshm

cdrshm
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all the Great info, I just wanted an idea of what to sell this for, but more so whats a good offer. it looks like 550-600 will be a good price?

Its really in mint condition, looks brand new. So maybe 500-550 and sell the magazine and holster separate? The holster is from Theisholsters.com

or a package deal for 600ish?

18. bw4064

bw4064
    Expand Collapse

I own a Gen 2 G19. I have fired roughly 3,000 rounds through the gun. The finish is in great shape because I don't carry it very often. It also has Glock night sights. Overall I believe it to be in good shape for a gun that is almost 20 years old. I have two 15 round magazines for it.

I'd like to sell it so I can get a newer Glock but I'm not quite sure how I should price it. Here in PA used Glocks are usually up for sale between $400 and $550. Finding one under $400 is rare in this state. However, this pricing is usually for Gen 3 guns.

I a guy coming to look at it tomorrow and I don't want to get ripped off or rip him off.

Since my Glock is a Gen 2 I'm not sure where to start with price. What do you think?

#218 bw4064, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  19. Colddeadhands

Colddeadhands
    Expand Collapse

it's worth about $30 bucks...but I'll be a sport and give you $50. PM me for FFL and payment information.

OK, just kidding. You might consider taking a look at gunbroker.com (or another online used sales site) and see what are getting bid up to. I recently did that when considering selling my Gen 3 G17. Then I came to my senses and decided to keep it.

20. Mad Ryan

Mad Ryan
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I'd pay as much for a nice Gen2 as I would a new Gen4. They work great... Why would they sell for less? Some folks like them more because of the specific differences between them and the newer guns.