MERGED Buyer Intel for Glock Magazines

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hbk80rice, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Agreed.....If I was ever in a bad situation that would warrant a 33 rounder, I wouldn't use it becasue I don't 100% trust them. I 100% trust all of 17 round mags though. The only usefullness I can see for one is a for on-the-go storage.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Actually, they are very reliable & feed well.

3. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Even the Glock factory 33-founders?

4. RPVG

Like Cowboy1964 said, it's essentially a novelty. It's for "having fun" with.

I mean, you're not gonna stick it into your EDC, are you? You're gonna play with it, right? If you want it, go for it and have fun!

But it's the kind of thing you "want", not "need". That's all.

5. G-34

mine would be for home defense, pretty legit reason yes?

by that logic you dont "need" any magazine, and they are all for novelty, what say you

#45 G-34, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. I've put a 33rd magazine in my glock 26 for home defense when the neighbors house was broken into and I had foot prints around my property and deeper foot prints under my windows. Screw reloading ;)

#46 Tech knight, Dec 18, 2012
  7. RPVG

That's my whole point. You don't need a reason. If you want one, then go for it. You don't have to explain your reasons to anyone.

Well, a Glock will "fire" without a magazine, but I'd still put mags into the "need" category, along with ammo... I guess it's a judgement call. Just one man's opinion.

8. I've wanted a couple for a while but just never got around to ordering any. Now they are out of stock everywhere I look. Doggone it!

9. I had one and had 2 FTF in my G26. Mind you I have NEVER had a failure of any kind so I got rid of it. Yes, it was a Glock Mag. Now my son has a G30 with the big stick and his has run fine w/o issue.

10. samurairabbi

I offer a Reginald Denny-based scenario. You are in your car, radio off, and the world erupts around you. The mob tries to enter your car, but seeing your Glock dissuades their efforts
    Your Glock has saved you from an initial beating. But.then you realize you are are still in the middle of a widespread riot, your car can easily become disabled, and the authorities have abandoned the area. That clumsy-length mag would look pretty good at.that moment, and carrying it in the car is easy.

11. RPVG

I'm not disputing you. I could come up with some high-pucker-factor scenarios, too. And, as I said, if you want to do it, go for it. It's just that you don't need to explain your reasons to me or anyone else. You don't owe anyone an explanation for what you choose to do. It's your life.

Follow your heart. That's all I was trying to say. If you got anything else out of it, I apologize for the miscommunication.

12. samurairabbi

No offense taken. I was giving an EDC scenario outside the usual bodily-carried setup. Those who rage against such extended mags in their legal advocacy conveniently overlook such scenarios.

13. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

I bought eight 33rd Glock OEM mags before the 2008 election...What will I (or WE) have to do if this AWB goes through? Move SOUTH...And start all over...THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN...!!!...LOL

14. samurairabbi

The South ... or maybe South Central LA.

15. Some Glock magazines on Midwayusa's website are backordered until April. Good thing I've got about all I need.

16. Turned my factory 33 into a 31 rounder with a factory base plate. The with 33 rounds in it the spring tension on the last two rounds was always weak, it seemed like if I were to drop the mag they would have fallen out. Also any malfunction I ever had was with that magazine and the last two rounds.

Spring tension is a little better at 31 rounds but I still don't trust it for anything but plinking.

#56 19crew, Dec 18, 2012
  17. samurairabbi

I offer this bit of heresy: I have found it easier to have a second firearm immediately available, than to have an extended length mag available. A second handgun seems to fit far more places easier than a 34-round mag. Carrying two 20/21 sized Glocks concealed may sound severe, but it is easier than tucking away a long mag.

#57 samurairabbi, Dec 18, 2012
  18. I have two Korean made 40 S&W 31 round magazines. If the demand is there and the price high enough I will gladly be selling them..

#58 Boot Stomper, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  19. 33 rd mags are a lot of fun, especially with a J.R. Carbine.

20. Makes sense....now that you mention falling out, my son did have his drop out on it's own a few times. That damn thing is heavy loaded up with a bunch of .45s:wow: