close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Membership- What do I get?

Discussion in 'Paid Membership System' started by JakeXD45, Feb 13, 2008.

1. JakeXD45

JakeXD45

Apr 12, 2007
    If I get a platinum membership what do I get?

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    A platinum membership.

Is this a trick question? :headscratch:

3. mcmoyer

mcmoyer Got Wood?? CLM

Feb 8, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    You get to support the continued operation of a great site.

:supergrin:

4. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

Mar 31, 2005
    Cleburne, TX
    Your hair will stay thick and rich, your gut will vanish, your love-making stamina will improve, pheromones will trigger that make women swoon, your bank will begin to make errors in your favor, your boss will appreciate you like you deserve, kindly billionaire strangers will take you under their wing and teach you all their secrets, the GLOCK carbine will be named after you, your muscles will become chiselled and well-defined, your scruff if you choose not to shave will look manly instead of sloppy, your wife will find your snoring cute, your poop will smell like strawberries, your dog will never go potty inside ever again, your chosen candidate will win the next presidential election, and your car will get better gas mileage.

All that, and a snazzy title under your name and access to Glocktalk Blogs!

5. mcmoyer

mcmoyer Got Wood?? CLM

Feb 8, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Dang Critias, did you have to give ALL the secrets away??

6. JakeXD45

JakeXD45

Apr 12, 2007
    Well i'm just wondering what i'm supporting and what a membership entitles you to. I could not find anything, unless i'm not looking hard enough on this site. Just wondering. I'm intersted in being a member.

7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Did you trip over the post by Eric stating that he's not sure what each of the levels will bring yet but he'll let us know as soon as he comes up with it?

8. saspic

saspic Howdy Y'all! CLM

Jan 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    So, has the clock on membership officially started yet? It seems like it shouldn't start until we get the level appropriate benefits. Of course it's cool to get the labels early if it hasn't.

9. EverMindful

EverMindful

Feb 17, 2005
    Merrimack, NH
    Ok. I remember reading about this months ago. In that time, I've deployed and I come back after being in country a month, and he still hasn't answered this question.

No offense, but this is silly. Absolutely silly. I won't be coming to this site anymore.

At the end of the week my ass. Ban me, please.

10. AJ Dual

AJ Dual

Mar 16, 2004
    Wisconsin
    :yawn:

I'd kind of think that someone who's been "over there" for our country could do better than act like a whiny spoiled little girl over something he hasn't and doesn't even need to pay for if he does not want to, but...

Well,there's that "Marine" who threw a puppy off a cliff, and er... (thinking hard here...) ah, got it, General Wesley Clark. All those exceptions that prove the rule.

So I guess I'm not utterly shocked by you. Just a tad bit disappointed.

Tell ya what, I won't pretend to know whatever job it is you do over there, and you don't pretend to know enough IT to understand that a site the size of GT would be staffed full-time by anywhere from five to fifteen people, not counting data-center/hardware staff as opposed to just Eric and a handful of dedicated part-time volunteers.

m'kay? :thumbsup:

11. GlockRik

GlockRik

Sep 14, 2001
    Dang, I thought it was the new vitamins.

Rik

12. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Mar 30, 2004
    Dublin, Ohio
    I would just like to get acknowledged for having a membership. Whatever the $35.00 bought should have been my membership. Yes, it went through the bank, but I have yet to see it on the avitar. Oh well, I guess I just contributed to a great sight. At least with raffle tickets I have a chance to win something.

14. actionshooter10

actionshooter10 CLM

Dec 29, 2006
    Texas

I don't need the recognition.

You can claim CLM #19 if it makes you feel better.

I get the benefits of the site regardless of what my avatar says.

That's what I paid for, not a title or perceived prestige.

15. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Feb 28, 2008

Ok, that's just funny.

16. paul1973

paul1973 Blue pitbull

Oct 18, 2006
    Canton Ohio
    A slap on the arse and a how do ya do!

17. Jake45

Jake45

Feb 24, 2008
    Rockwall,TX
    Dang all I was asking is what benifits come with it. Like discounts on products, newsletters, etc. Would you pay for soemthing when you dont know what your getting? You dont throw money away for no reason do you? If so send me some money and I will print up a membership with photoshop and give you one. :supergrin:

All I did was ask a qeustion. I love this site but if this is the way you guys are going to treat people when they ask a simple question then whats the point. You are just running them off. Why does everything have to be a joke.

I just became disabled about a year ago from a major back injury that left me with limited movement in my legs and I cant work so I wanted to get involved with something and when I came on to this site I had a good feeling about learning more about the glock and the community of glocks and really enjoy this site. Alot of you guys have helped me with so much stuff like upgrades, the mechanism of the glock that I can work on my own guns. Its just really sad when I ask a simple question I get this.

18. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

Dec 25, 2007
    NC/VA State Line
    Stick around ... this crap happens all the time .... :whistling:

19. stepper

stepper

Feb 25, 2003
    Oklahoma City
    Sign me up!! :rofl:

20. major

major Rejected member

Aug 19, 2001
    Cochrane, Alberta
    I agree with you. It was a legitimate question but some people saw the need to be jerks about it. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast here.....sometimes.