Member since 2009. Just bought my first Glock

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by cajuntec, May 6, 2013.

1. I've been interested in Glocks since shooting my father in laws pistol a very long time ago. He had purchased a Glock 40 that was compensated from a police officer neighbor. I liked it, but just never got around to buying one. A few years later, I bought my first .40 cal - A Springfield XD40 Tactical. Then came a XD40 Subcompact. Then a XDm-40 4.5". Then another XDm-40 4.5". Finally, a XDm-40 Compact. Can you tell that I liked the caliber? :supergrin:

Well, the other day someone posted a Glock 22C Gen 3 with night sights and 3 magazines, along with the case for $450. I figured it sounded like a decent deal, so I finally purchased my first Glock. Got it late last week.

I like the firearm, although the grip feels a bit big. Love the fact that it's compensated.

However.... Absolutely hate the night sights on it. I don't know what brand they are, because there are no markings, but they are horrible. They light very dimly green in low light, and in full sun / bright light, they are non existent. There is no white outline around them to pick up in daylight, so when I'm not in a low light condition, there are no dots on my pistol sights. Just looks like plain black iron sights, which I'm not used to.

So... any recommendations for replacing these sights on my first ever Glock? Haven't taken it to the range yet, but I'm sure I'll be holding onto it for a while.

All the best,
    Glenn

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 cajuntec, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  2. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Congrats! :thumbsup:

3. Welcome to the forum!

4. Congrats on the G22.

5. :welcome: Enjoy GT....................

6. sierrafast

sierrafast Coleccionista

7. Congrats on your first Glock!

8. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Man where have you been? 4 years here and no Glock. Welcome to the Glock side!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!