close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Medical Examiner: Adam Lanza not on medication at Sandy Hook massacre

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Atlas, Oct 30, 2013.

1. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    yeah me too , you have several people who think every tragedy is caused by anti -depressants :upeyes::upeyes:

2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    People like Lanza are born, not made. To blame society is simply passing the buck. HH

3. ray9898

ray9898

May 29, 2001
    Georgia
    Why is it shocking there are crazy people in the world? Not everything needs an excuse.

4. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Maybe because the founding fathers brought God into first. They were clear that the govt. They created was only sufficient for a moral and religious people.

But then you're so much smarter than them aren't you?

5. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri
    Until humans understand there are dangerously deficient humans and that life isn't special we will have these problems. Every one of these school and theater shooting idiots should have been dead a long time ago.

6. elsolo

elsolo

Aug 4, 2003
    socal
    If you think the symptoms that cause a person to need to take psych meds are bad, the symptoms that one suffers when they stop taking the meds are much worse.

Even just depressed housewife on a SSRI, quit taking them and a whole new set of symptoms appears.

That said, I don't think that throwing pills at mental problems is a surefire approach to fix the problems, and for many people medication causes more problems than it cures.

7. Dragoon44

Apr 30, 2005
    I am pretty sure that lanza and every other mass murderer firmly believed that life isn't special. For how that belief works out on a national level one needs only to study Germany under the Nazi's.

Eliminating problem people was their specialty.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  8. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri
    Nice try. The Nazi's eliminated lots of people who weren't mentally deficient or deranged.
    This discussion should be about people who can't function without being loaded with drugs. If they don't take them they are very dangerous to all those around them.

9. Dragoon44

Apr 30, 2005
    Which did Nazi Germany start killing first?

The answer of course is the physically and mentally deficient. That is how it starts and history tells us where it progresses to.

Your belief that because there exists the potential for some of a particular group to be dangerous it is ok to deprive all them of even basic human rights can just as easily progress to, since some gun owners have proven to be dangerous maybe it would be best to eliminate them. We can just classify them as dangerous mental defectives.

It's easy enough to find plenty of posts just on this site and this forum by professed gun owners reflecting rampant paranoia bordering on the delusional and hostility and threats (or fantasies) of violence.

10. vart

vart

Feb 17, 2000
    The Palouse
    [​IMG]

11. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

Awesome post - right on target.

12. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I have no doubt our current society facilitates alot of the problems but I believe some are just born evil.

I agree - one clue is that some of these people have siblings who do not turn our nearly as bad.
    I agree there are some among us who we ought to be able to admit should not be among us. We can debate whether to incarcerate them or sentence then to death but we ought to be able to agree they should never walk among us again.

13. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

The argument could be made that had the mentally deranged murderers been purges from Nazi Germany, what happened wouldnt have happened.

So, would we call Mengele insane? Did they eliminate him?

14. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Aug 31, 2004
    Houston, TX
    This.

The problem was never that Lanza was 'on something' when he shot those kids. The problem is that Lanza had a long history of mental illness and obviously went off of his meds. A paranoid schizophrenic or severe manic depressive that suddenly goes off his/her meds can be every bit as dangerous and unstable as any drug-crazed addict under the influence.

15. Dragoon44

Apr 30, 2005
    Are we talking about society as a whole or just GlockTalk?

:D

16. As already pointed out, Nazi Germany's programs to purify society started with the mental and physical handicapped. The phrase " life unworthy of live" (in German: "Lebensunwertes Leben") was a very real Nazi slogan. Adolf Hitler saw no place for the mentally and physically disabled in his vision of a "racially pure" Germany.

This was all began before the Nazi ever considered mass killing of Jews. Once the Nazi got comfortable with the idea of mass killings, the killing Jews and others was a natural next step.

You gotta know your history, son.

17. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Does it really matter if he was taking meds or not? The guy was a nutcase either way and had no place in society. He should have been locked up at the least.

18. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    What about those who killed innocents for their God?

19. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    If the Founding Fathers meant America to be a theocracy, then why did they draft up and passed the First Amendment?

20. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    But this doesn't fit my monological belief system. Now I have to make up another conspiracy theory to support the old one.
    [​IMG]