Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Media Crusade Against Chick-Fil-A Continues

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Jul 31, 2012.

1. DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    Media Crusade Against Chick-Fil-A Continues

Worth the read.

2. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    I'm going to have to eat a lot of chicken sandwiches just to teach the queers, and the news media, that they don't tell me where I can or cannot eat.

The constitution says that my right to eat at Chick-fil-A shall not be infringed upon.

What part of "shall not be infringed upon" don't they understand?

I'll give up my Chick-fil-A sandwiches when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

3. Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Let the queers and those who stand behind them protest, complain, whine, etc. There is always a little bit of wastage that gets lost in any process. They are that loss. The rest of America will continue to go right on about its business... giving its business to companies like Chick-Fil-A.
  4. snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Free speech for me but not for thee. The owner has every right to express his belief in traditional marriage. Seems that some folks aren't afforded their First Amendment right to free speech when it disagrees with the liberal agenda. Hopefully these "crusaders" will be seen for the narrow-minded, democrat, tax and spend, business as usual politicians, sucking the will and the money out of what was once a great country called America.
  5. G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    I am going to sit down tonight and write an email to Chick-fil-A expressing my support for them in this situation. I average eating there once a week, may have to pick it up some.
  6. IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Increasing the amount of chicken sandwiches you eat because of something a CNN reporter says is pretty much the definition of "the media telling you where to eat."
  7. G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    I ate at chick-fil-a last Saturday, and will either go there today or tomorrow. Some of my co-workers will be going today, maybe I will go with them if my schedule allows.
  8. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas

No, it's not!
  9. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    In support of free speech, I had breakfast there today. Long lines too.

Looks like the buycot is on.
  10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Somebody red flags a business as anti-gun on GT once a week and we all take note not to give them our money anymore. How is this any different? Just people not wanting to contribute to something counterproductive to what they believe.
  11. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Okay, so Chick-Fil-A doesn't think gay people should be married and liberals like you think money will get people to change their basic moral principals.

It won't and that says more about the difference between liberals and conservatives than anything else liberals could do.

I don't doubt you don't get it.
  12. TheExplorer

Apr 16, 2012
    Exactly. Don't like it, go to KFC. It's called FREEDOM for a reason. Everyone should be able to make up their own mind without the media's help. But if you base your entire philosophy on the media, you have another problem.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  13. Anti-gun = anti-self-defense of good people, therefore = anti-American.

Being anti-Chick-Fil-A these days = anti-traditional family values = trying to destroy the nation's morality, leading to its destruction = anti-American.

That's the difference.
  14. whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    I had a supporter of the boycott tell me yesterday, that the negative news is negatively effecting CFA. Just not in places like around here in MS. Their poll numbers are down...:rofl:

I've been going more since all this happened, went today for breakfast, and plan on going at lunch or dinner today too. They are just as busy, lines just as long. I'm guessing negative polls do not correlate to not buying the product....
  15. dbak

Jun 22, 2012
    charlotte nc
    Ate there yesterday and it was packed at 10:00 am

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  16. Al Czervik

Al Czervik My arm!

Aug 18, 2006
    Looks like lunch at CFA for us today. Just wish the spicy nuggets would return.
  17. whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008

One last try... Most businesses that are anti-gun discriminate against law abiding gun owners and post the gun-buster signs, preventing people from entering if they are carrying a gun. It is not analogous to the owners of CFA position on gay marriage. Until CFA starts discriminating against a group, refusing service to a group, or doesn't allow a group to enter their business, it's not the same. It's an apples to orange comparison.
  18. dbak

Jun 22, 2012
    charlotte nc
    What he said

19. greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    Wow, to you make all life decisions using the same reasoning?

There have been many a business whose owners support right wing exclusionary hate, yet liberals and conservatives consume their products without issue or soapbox politics. Carl's Jr., Dominos Pizza to name two. Further there are many other pop-culture "icons" that do the same with music and movies. Or the origins of an idea, product or tradition started from vial minds. The Olympic torch walk and the volkswagen. The beauty of AMERICA is all speech is protected and we as AMERICANS can CHOOSE to listen, or not.

I'm liberal, I support gay marriage, I like Chick-fil-A. The company does not campaign against the homosexual community, the founders have "traditional" Christian beliefs regarding marriage, so what. I found the TacoBell chihuahua a racist demeaning sales campaign, so I stopped eating there, I did not care if others continued to indulge in their chalupas. I might give them my opinion on the issue but then let them decide what works for them.

20. Boots45acp

Boots45acp Harley TriGlide

Mar 24, 2009
    High Desert
    Drove 84 miles round trip yesterday just to have lunch at the closet CFA.
    Glad I did and I will do it again.