close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Meanwhile, in Chicago . . .

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Morris, May 19, 2012.

1. anubisgodofgods

anubisgodofgods
    Expand Collapse

Didn't Chicago have a record number of shootings last year or the year before? It seems their total ban on all firearms within the city limits is not working.

2. A6Gator

A6Gator
    Expand Collapse

You're not looking at this like the dems look at it. They'd say that without the ban in place, it'd be worse. Just like Barry and his stimulus spending. Both are BS, but it makes them feel good.

3. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

They have a point. Once you arm the good guys you can end up with an increase in the number of homicides... If you include justifiable homicides such as self defense.

but as long as the number of unjustified homicides goes down in the process, I'm still a little unclear as to why more BG's getting shot while committing felonies is considered a bad thing.

Nothing I have on me is worth getting shot over. But if you're willing to shoot me for it, I'm willing to shoot you over it if I suspect you won't just take it and leave me alone.

Randy

#4 steveksux, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  4. IrishSheepdog54

IrishSheepdog54
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I feel the same about the firearms restrictions here. However, you must realize that the great majority of these shootings are gang vs gang... Legalizing concealed carry for law abiding citizens would make a lot of people feel more secure, but it wouldn't necessarily drop the homicide rate greatly.

5. Just1More

Just1More
    Expand Collapse

It's that "Content of Character" thing....again.

6. merlynusn

merlynusn
    Expand Collapse

Justified Homicides aren't considered a homicide for UCR reporting.

7. cdog533

cdog533
    Expand Collapse
    Zombie Killer

These shootings were all on the south or west side, and I'll bet every shooter was a felon and not ONE gun was legally owned.

Most of these shootings are just 'business'. Either the business of drug dealing or gang banging. From 'No Country for Old Men':

- Wanna drive out there?

- No, that's all I had to look for......it sound like these boys died of natural causes.

- How's that, sheriff?

- Natural to the line of work they were in

#8 cdog533, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012